Thread: Enough space???

Default Enough space???

I want to make this saber for my wife. No sound, just LED connected to 2AA or 2AAA battery holder,
    and AV switch in the pommel. The question is:
    is there enough space in the 2" extension to house the battery?
    is there enough space for the Seoul P4 LED between the blade holder and the choke?

SaberBuilder_render.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Noctan View Post
    I want to make this saber for my wife. No sound, just LED connected to 2AA or 2AAA battery holder,
    and AV switch in the pommel. The question is:
    is there enough space in the 2" extension to house the battery?
    is there enough space for the Seoul P4 LED between the blade holder and the choke?

SaberBuilder_render.jpg
    Two inches is a little over 50mm long but it's the diameter of the male sections of the chokes on either side that you need to look at. In the MHS Builder, turn on Internal View to see this. The only way you'll get multiple batteries in there is as a stick, not side by side. None of the battery holders will fit in there at all.

As for your second question, I'm pretty sure it does fit ok. I don't actually have a choke on mine so I don't know 100%.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

The LED and optics holder sit INSIDE the base of the bladeholder. The flange on the optics holder sits in the thread relief area of the choke. The heatsink then extends into the choke about .5" beyond the threads.

The parts are DESIGNED to fit together. You should be fine.

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

I think a li-ion stick pack would be the best choice for that design, you might want to consider wiring up a recharge port in the pommel too so you won't have to dismantle it every time the batteries deplete.

Thanks for the help.
    A li-ion stick would be ideal, but im in Australia so can they be shipped over here? That's why i was asking about the AA or AAA holders.
    If i can't get the li-ion stick, would the AA holder fit in a 3" extension instead of the 2"?

im in brisbane Noctan and if you can order it on this site then it can be delivered here.I have done 3 orders from Tim to date and everything has arrived without exception.Takes about 2weeks from shipping date and for some crazy reason always turns up on a Tuesday....which lucky for me is my weekday off from work....The force works in mysterious ways

I know most things can be delivered to Australia. I'm planning on putting an order in as soon as i have money.
    The question was specifically for li-ion batteries.
    I read not long ago on here something about not being able to send them outside of America.

narr i have ordered li-ion from tcss and they arrived fine.Other than that i have seen the 18650's at Jaycar if you have one near you