Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starkiller

You really should remove your ebay sale info seeing as this forum is connected to a store.

More info would good. Is it empty? If not what is in it for electronics? PVC?

It looks like aluminum piping, with shroud material over it, but can't tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    You really should remove your ebay sale info seeing as this forum is connected to a store.

More info would good. Is it empty? If not what is in it for electronics? PVC?

My aim wasn't a 100% accurate Starkiller. It's just my interpretation of his saber.
    It's a hollow hilt. 1 3/8" OD aluminum tubing and 1 1/4" OD steel tubing. It has a nice weight to it even without internals. I'm working my way up to building one with lights and sound. Some of your guys' chassis systems to house the electronics and crystals are really something else.
    Last edited by MyMichelle8; 06-07-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Just a quick FYI, there's no posting to anything that sells stuff outside this forum that is sold here.

Sales of any type are a no go here. Unless you respect this you might not get the warmest of reception. I just sold a saber on ebay with no mention of it here at all here...till now. lol

There sounds like there might be enough room for electronics. Mounting a blade holder might be difficult. Unless you can make one or have one made. I'm guessing the wall thickness leaves less then 1.25"ID

Yeah, that'll be a squeeze. The ID of the aluminum is at 1.25 exact. And consider my post edited.
    Last edited by MyMichelle8; 06-07-2012 at 06:37 PM.

What did you use for the bunny ears and switch tray?

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    What did you use for the bunny ears and switch tray?
    The ears are from a "smushed" aluminum tube. I cut the segment to length, and then filed the portion that would come in contact with the hilt to make it concave for a snug fit. I know they're tall, but I like them tall. The switch panel is cut from a rifle scope mount I had around. I went really make-shift on this.
    Last edited by MyMichelle8; 06-08-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Looking great! I think 'make-shift' is what the best sabers are all about. A feeling of well used, well loved. Even using TCSS parts, it is still nice to bring a little of your own surroundings into the build (IMHO)