Thread: Sith Acolyte parts list check

Default Sith Acolyte parts list check

Hi folks. I'm putting together a Sith Acolyte sytle saber from MHS parts.

I have a thread elsewhere where with suggestions from the guys on here, I've put together a list of modular parts ( which I will need to moddify ) to make the body.

NOTE: I'm gonna use a Novasound 3.0 board ( which I have ) the the sound.

Is this list OK for the rest:

Blank style 3 ( x2 )
    6" Female extension
    Choke style 2
    Pommel style 7
    D ring insert
    Style 1 blade holder
    TCSS battle blade
    Rebel star red LED and Heatsink unit
    5 degree collimator lens
    MHS speaker and 4x AAA battery holder
    16mm AV switch Nickel
    2.1mm power jack
    Style 2 Kill plug

Rebel Lens Holder
    Adhesive thermal tape pad to hold the LED on the heatsink and transfer the heat (get a few, one side of the adhesive protector sheet comes off real easy, the other is a PITA to get off, you may ruin one or two before you get the hang of it)
    Blade retention screw (unless you are going to tap and drill the hole yourself and provide your own)
    Bezel or mounting block for AV switch and recharge port

You've got the preassembled Rebel LED module, so you won't need the thermal tape or the lens holder. There's no real need to get the 5 degree lens, unless you prefer to use it over the 8.7 degree that comes in the module.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Cheers guys.

I've got a bit of customizing to do to the modular parts, so I'll probably just get a grub screw and tap the holder to retain the blade.

If the general feeling is that I've gotten everything, then I'll go ahead and order.

Thanks guys

Darren

Make sure you know how you are mounting your AV switch as there are two different lengths and the long ones will need a bezel to fit properly.

I think it's the short AV that I've ordered.

D.