View Poll Results: Which saber is the best?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Ember

2 1.13%
  • 2 - Emerald Fire

8 4.52%
  • 3 - Young Hero

1 0.56%
  • 5 - Feroce ma Elegante

74 41.81%
  • 6 - Kast Bavvyk

7 3.95%
  • 9 - Sceintilla

74 41.81%
  • 10 - Raxis Primal

11 6.21%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 2012 TCSS Saberbuilding Contest Poll - MHS

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default The 2012 TCSS Saberbuilding Contest Poll - MHS

Here are the entries for the MHS category, seven in all. You only get ONE vote here as well, so make it count!

1. Saber name: Ember

Specs:
    4x AAA 6v
    Luxeon Rebel Star (Deep Red)
    Luxeon Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
    TCSS Premium Speaker
    Machined button for Covertec clip
    Mace Windu Electronic Lightsaber sound board
    Red illuminated LED ring latching switch
    Blade was a Corbin style TCSS show blade, but i ended out taking out the Corbin film and replaced it wit 7.5 feet of cello wrap (poly p)
    The plug is a norelco electric shaver head glued into a small piece of clear pvc tube
    The shroud & overlay is a hand cut sink tube powder coated flat black

2. Saber name: Emerald Fire

Specs:
    2x 3.7 li-ion batteries
    premium speaker
    Novasound 3.0 dark
    Green SPST momentary switch
    Red accent LED
    Soeul P4 green LED
    3mm RGB flashing in series with red and green 3mm side accent LEDs
    Italian leather handle with gold pin striping
    Kill key/recharge port

3. Saber Name: Young Hero

Specs:
    PC-U v1.6
    DX RGB (9watt) Wired for Yellow
    Premium speaker
    2x Style 22 Switches
    Custom Laser Engraving by Tim says, "Jedi Drew" in the choke
    7.4v Li-on Pack (2x 14500)
    Recharge in pommel
    Saberworks RCS

5. Saber name: Feroce ma Elegante (Fierce but Elegant)

Specs:
    CFv5.10
    fonts are Hero, Korriban, Shatterpoint, Blackstar, TFU Starkiller, and Brawler
    Purple AV Switch
    exposed purple quartz crystal in choke.
    Ledengin RGBA, RB for purple, green for FOC
    arkm custom brass blade plug.
    real leather grips.
    PVC chassis/w 2w bass speaker.
    trans gold powdercoating, and black enammel baked.

6. Saber Name: Kast Bavvyk

Specs:
    PC 1.5
    Makoto Sai V3 Green
    Premium speaker
    Momentary orange ring short AV switch
    2xAA Batt holder
    2x Trust Fire Batts

9. Saber name: Scintilla

Specs:
    MHS based saber
    Hasbro FX Mace Windu 2007 board, modified for higher mA output
    LED Engin RGGB wired for G//G
    2W Bass speaker on Reverse Sound setup with sound venting under the front overlay
    4,8V NiMh battery pack with recharge port and custom kill plug
    Crystal Pommel
    Razor style blade plug
    Latching switch wired to illuminate in idle mode
    Powder coated brass and painted/baked pommel and emitter accent areas

10. Saber name: Raxis Primal

Specs:
    PC 1.6
    Shatterpoint/Ancient saber fonts
    LEDendgin RGGB
    GG in series with red FOC
    green crystal 5mm LED
    FOC\lockup indicator red 3mm LED
    Slow changing RGB 5MM below chamber for power source.
    2 trustfire Li-Ions
    recharge port in custom pommel
    rotating overlay chamber reveal
    natural rayskin grip
    Olive and wrinkle black weathered powdercoat

Last edited by Lord Maul; 06-04-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Man, some great sabers in this contest. I especially like Scintilla and it was the saber I voted for. Great looking saber. Love the color contrasts and I really dig the pommel. Congrats Don Se Wion for winning the custom category. Twas very nice of Xanatos to consede the tie to you.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Congratulations to all the entrants.

There were some excellent entries. Its alway nice to see what folks can do with MHS parts and a little ingenuity.

Scintilla ends up winning a hard-fought contest. I really like the shroud work on Scintilla. The black & Gold on "fierce but elegant" warmed my heart. The crystal chamber details on Raxis Prime *almost* stole my vote from Scintilla.

For the 2nd year in a row, a lowly MR BOARD wins 1st prize in its category.

Goes to show, the audio board is important but build quality, visual appeal and quality of work go a LONG way towards a great saber.

<now to start work on next year's build......>

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Don si wion who are you? Great design flow with Scintilla. Good finish on that saber. That is something I am still working on. Congratz and well done.

Congrats to all the nicely done sabers!
    Yub Yub Commander.

All the sabers are great, but I've got to say Raxis Primal is definitely my favorite. I'm a sucker for a weathered saber, the rayskin grip and the rotating chamber reveal are both freakin' sweet not to mention the detail inside the chamber itself. It was not just my favorite in the contest but I'd say it made onto my top 5 of all time list. Very good work Crystal Chambers (I had a feeling it was yours too), I'd love to see a video and some more pics of this one if you could.

Well, I guess it's time to say thank you to everyone for the votes and the nice comments.
    All sabers were great and I didn't expect to have a chance to win at all.

In the next few days I'll try and publish a more detailed description of the saber.
    I just have to select more pictures, upload them and finally write something about the history of this saber.

Just bear with me, it's a very busy week because this weekend we have the 2012 Tournament at the Academy and I'm quite busy with the final training and preparations.

:I just want to say how much I enjoy the contest TCSS puts on every year. For a saber enthuisiast, seeing all these great creations coming alive at once, and getting people excited about saber building just gives everyone a good feeling.

There were quite a few sabers that stood out to my eye this year and wonderful builds. I'm sure that the winners are going to use those gift cards to put out even more wonderful creations. I tell you its like a second Christmas. So much saber eye candy at one time nearly causes the geek in me to overload.

EDIT: I had a feeling crystal chambers saber was Raxis, something about the weathering and how it was put together just made me think about her builds.

Hehe..no matter how much I try to throw people off some still recognize.

This was a tough year for me. From a late contest announcement, to Tim having lathe issues, and me having to deal with no orders just spare parts....and a slew of other complications I'll get into later. Fortunately I was able to get by with reorganizing parts from an abandoned project and a few extra parts I ordered. I tend to do that just in case and it payed off for sure. I'll be relatively busy for the next few weeks but will post in the gallery, video and all.

Thanks everyone for another awesome contest!

I finally did a crystal chamber! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Hehe..no matter how much I try to throw people off some still recognize.

This was a tough year for me. From a late contest announcement, to Tim having lathe issues, and me having to deal with no orders just spare parts....and a slew of other complications I'll get into later. Fortunately I was able to get by with reorganizing parts from an abandoned project and a few extra parts I ordered. I tend to do that just in case and it payed off for sure. I'll be relatively busy for the next few weeks but will post in the gallery, video and all.

Thanks everyone for another awesome contest!

I finally did a crystal chamber! lol
    Made with spare parts, waoooo. Don't be too hard with yourself. Most of us would dream to build one such great saber. Viva los weathered sabers !