Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Star Wars book?

Default Best Star Wars book?

Well here coming up i will be going on a 9 month deployment. I was wondering what everyone thought was the best Star wars book was and why? I havent read any of the book but i plan on buying a few and reading them when i am not working. I would love a book that gives the history of the jedi. Something that talks about sabers.

You could try downloading the complete audio book collection.i got them of the pirate bay and have steadily been listening to them at work.

If you're interested specifically in the history of the Jedi you might want to check out "The Jedi path". There's even the dark-side counterpart which is about the Sith. If you're generally interested in a good Star Wars book I'd recommend the Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zhan. It's a great series and it also introduces some very important characters of the Expanded Universe that will appear in later novels. If I had to start somewhere I'd start there.

Piracy is not the sort of thing we encourage around here madmaxx.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Drew Karpyshyn's various works are pretty good, as is James Luceno's recent effort, "Darth Plagueis" (Though that book's not got so much action). It's quite interesting if you want to know about the workings of the republic. It covers a lot of the business /politics of the expanded universe.
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."

I highly recommend the book Traitor from the new jedi order series.

oh yeah Traitor was a brilliant book, True nature of the force and all that. It was very well written as was nearly all of the new jedi order series. Bit of a spoiler though... alot of main characters get the axe...or the moon for that matter in that series

and sos Silver i didn't mean to promote piracy, it was just an option if you wanted the whole collection, they are also available on the Free Audio Books website but you have to sift though all of them individually
    Last edited by madmaxx; 06-09-2012 at 04:34 AM.

My favorite Star Wars book would probably be Star By Star of the New Jedi Order series, (aside from one event, but it's still a bad ass scene). A good amount of action and suspense, as most of the New Jedi Order series seems to be, I had to usually make myself put it down otherwise I would've finished it in a day probably, haha.
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

I second fragrax's suggestion of the Thrawn series by Timothy Zahn.