Thread: Chassis threaded rod and tubing length

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default Chassis threaded rod and tubing length

Currently we sell it in a 11.75" section but I would rather sell it in shorter sections and make it easier to fit on the shelf and lower the per piece price. I am thinking closer to around 8.75" and wanted to know if any of you who have used the parts think that would be too short.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

That length would be just fine for me. I tend to cut the threaded rod up when I get it.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

I also cut them shorter works for me

I can see the tubing, because you want sections in between the discs, but I have actually used the threaded rod close to its full length. My last build ran threaded rod from the BH to the speaker in the pommel. Although I think 8.75 would be plenty for this, some people prefer longer hilts and would either suffer or be forced to shop elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ari-Jaq Xulden; 06-03-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For me, that is to short. I like the long sections and don't often use less than 8.5"
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I would prefer it long, but my world won't end if you decide to sell it shorter. It's not like it's a specialty part that we could never replace; and it's an internal piece at that, so if I should have to cobble a Franken-chassis together with short pieces and toothpicks, the aesthetics won't be upset too much by it.
    Boring conversation anyway...

I cut my rods up quite a bit but if I had it to do over then I would have used two 8" sections. (a wee bit over 8")

That's in a saber hilt 12.75" long

When I get some extra money I'll probably do just that. 8.75 is fine by me with the caveat that this is my one and only saber.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I will just leave them at 11.75" thanks for the feedback guys.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop