Thread: My newest MHS Saber Staff. MR sound No name yet.

Default My newest MHS Saber Staff. MR sound No name yet.

Since i have not been making sabers for eBay, i have just been messinf with the sabers i have and getting better with drilling and using my dremel. I have no drill stand so I don't like to drill. I feels riscky and I am spook every time. But not with PVC, only the MHS and sink tube at times. But i finaly got a clap to hold down my parts and i don't have to hold them with my hand any more. My hole line up a LIL better and I can drill worry free.

So this is my first real saber with ZERO glue any plce other then the speaker holder. The hilt is a first cut and drilled as I wanted it.
    The large saber has a MR sound board and bothe have a P4 Red LED and powered by a 3.7 14500 Li-ion battery. I also put on a on/off swithch to the speaker so i can cut off the sound. So fare i have had no issue with this, and i can lite up at any time of the night. lol No more VVVRROOOMMM!!!! (my wife says, " RIP! I'M TRYIN TO SLEEP!!" ) Ooop.. shhhh! The small saber is a stunt but feels great in the hands. They are my babies. lol The first sabers i don't want to make changes. They have been around now for a month and I onlt changed the button on the big one to a light up red dot. now they are perfect, for me anyway. I hope you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChLa8rNxt1M

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Ripper; 06-03-2012 at 05:49 PM.

i like your work man, its cool, keep it up.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Being a guy who likes symetry this kinda messes with my head. Why are they so different?

Otherwise a good job.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    Being a guy who likes symetry this kinda messes with my head. Why are they so different?

Otherwise a good job.
    I really thought the lack of symmetry was cool. When they're apart you have a regular saber and a shoto, when they're together you've got yourself a unique staff. I think the idea is awesome! I never really understood why every staff I can remember seeing was symmetrical. I do understand the importance of balance, but I believe balance can be achieved with out exterior symmetry. I had an art professor who would always say "The attraction to symmetry is a sign of insanity." Of coarse he also spent alot of time talking to himself and made claims of being watched by various government agencies, so your probably ok Invisas, probably.

I see what you're saying about the saber, though you could have made a shoto and kept the symetry.

Nah I'd agree with the art professor, I am mildly insane...... hopefully that wont bloom into full blown nutter.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

The balance is great for me, cause one blade is longer then the other, and I work better with the off balance feel of a spear. So it wips with grace!! lol I made the differant because, I don't want two of the same saber. I use them two handed more then as a staff, and now I have three sabers in a way. And as two sabers, one hand is weaker, so I put the smal saber in my weak hand and I feel more balanced, with my goofy hand. lol
    Aside from that. I love this saber. Thanks a ton masters of the game!! Soon I will make my saber guts as good as you guys. I this saber I hope.

i think that came out great, together or apart!