Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sith Acolyte Saber

Oh wow, that looks great. Well done!
    My favorite color may be red, but my lightsaber will always be true blue.

Okay guys......so weathering. I totally agree that this would look 'killer' with a more weathered look ( plus I reckon the Sith Acolytes would have battered sabers ).

I don't really want to weather with paints ( as I do on armour ) because I reckon it'll just wear off, so I thought I'd ask you guys how you think I should weather it.

Thanks in advance

Darren
    Sith Acolyte Saber completed

Basically go around subjecting it to whatever damage it would suffer
    in 'real life'. Bash it around, drop it (gently), rub it against every surface you see,
    then clean lightly. Repeat.

This should simulate repeated use, with some care.

Though if the dirt doesnt hold, put some spray-paint on there, and start rubbing it off
    before it's dry all the way. You should have some 'dirt' in the new pit-holes

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Pardon me for asking, but I you put paint on it and it wears off when you're dueling, isn't that he most natural way of getting exactly what you wanted? Sounds like genuine natural weathering to me....

That is the most natural method of weathering, but it takes a lot more time. Sometimes you want to achieve the weathered look quickly. We rarely have the time to use our sabers for decades in order to achieve the necessary weathering patterns.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Although, if you really think about it, if a society has achieved a level of technology where they are building weapons with magnetically shielded beams of arcing plasma...wouldn't they have cracked the problem of rusting metal decades prior to that?

I'm gonna go with the 'knocking and scuffing' approach, then rubbing a little watered down acyrlic paint into the 'damage' to similate grime.

Thanks for the imput folks.
    Sith Acolyte Saber completed