Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC V2.0 Pre-wired question.

Default PC V2.0 Pre-wired question.

So I've been looking into getting the pre-wired PC V2.0 instead of the normal, since I have no soldering experience whatsoever, but I have a question. On the pre-wired version it looks to me like the main switch and aux switch pads are wired into the same JST connector. So how then are the main and aux switches wired, is it two JST connectors that plug into one, or is it different? Sorry if my description is vague, wasn't exactly sure how to put it. Any input would be appreciated.
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

There is a JST connector for each switch.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Ah, I couldn't tell from picture. Thanks!
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

And don't hesitate to buy the pre wired PC (thanks again Tim for this version), because the board pads can be a nightmare to solder, especially the switches ones,

Yea, I'm more leaning towards the pre-wired because I don't want to screw up my first time building a saber by destroying the $120 soundcard. haha
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

I'm not seeing the pre-wired option in the store. But I am seeing that the PCv2.0 is out of stock, maybe that's why.

It's an item listed on its own, in the Modular Wiring System section - http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MW...-V20-P744.aspx

Thanks, I must've gleaned over it while looking through the store.

I have a question reguarding the prewired. I have one, the led, battery and speaker are obivious. But which of the 3 remaining connectios are the main switch, I have looked and cant tell which one it is and 2 of the connectors have thier black(neg)wire soldiered to the same spot. Is the main switch connection the one that is seperate form the other 2.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Switch connections on the PC 2.0 are in this order: GND, AUX, and ACT with "ACT" being the activation switch, obviously. find the connector that has the positive led going to the that pad, and that should be your main activation switch connector.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.