Thread: 2010 FX Luke removable blade "quality" vs. 2005 FX Anakin fixed blade...?!!!!

Default 2010 FX Luke removable blade "quality" vs. 2005 FX Anakin fixed blade...?!!!!

I just got my 3rd official lightsaber yesterday and wow....
    I'm appalled at the poor quality.

It is a 2010 MR FX Luke ANH removable blade.

I have a MR LE Anakin ROTS hilt as my main 'baby'.
    I've had a 2005 MR FX Anakin ROTS fixed blade for years now and have always loved it. I'm in the process of converting it to a removable blade actually.
    But the basic feel of the hilt itself. It feel twice the weight of the 2010 and metal itself seems of such higher grade.

The 2010 feel....cheap, for lack of a better word. I'm actually regretting spending $130 when it feels like something that would be closer to half that price.

Unscrewing the pommel then screwing it back on actually takes some time for the thread to catch. The battery/speaker pack feels like $0.99 squirt gun plastic.
    The blade plug is the same. It feels like if my 2 year old daughter were to squeeze it it would snap.
    I'm just really, really disappointed in the quality of the 2010 after having the 2005 for so long.

I'm almost considering returning it.
    The Dark Side is all I have...

Hey did you end up returning it or keeping it? I've never owned any of the sabers before - this is my first. My kids bought it for me as a Father's Day gift and I like it a lot. Of course having nothing to compare it to makes it a different experience for me. My only disappointments are the sound quality / volume and the various 'darkish' areas on the blade when turned on. So I'd like to go ahead and try converting mine. But I haven't found any illustrations as to how to disassemble the device without ruining it.

How about you?

I ended up keeping it. After thinking about it, my main reason for getting it was for display. If I had 300-400 more I would've gone with the limited edition ANH saber hilt instead of the FX model. But, meh. It serves its purpose.
    If I'd gotten this for even medium usage I would've returned it and looked for another 2005 FX model, whether it be a Vader or another.
    I won't ever buy another 2010 FX though, not at this price.

I don't plan on converting it simply because I don't care enough to. The main reason I'm converting my 2005 Anakin is because I wanted the removable blade option so that I could put it in the display box without the blade.
    But there are plenty of "How-To's" on this site for converting various FX models to LED.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...3w-conversions

If I'm not mistaken, that is a Hasbro Luke with the removeable blade, MR never did a removeable blade Luke ANH.

Quote Originally Posted by directorcass View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that is a Hasbro Luke with the removeable blade, MR never did a removeable blade Luke ANH.
    You're not mistaken. I made a mistake when I initially posted MR.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_a* View Post
    But there are plenty of "How-To's" on this site for converting various FX models to LED.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...3w-conversions
    Yeah I've read several, but I still haven't been able to find anything for this specific model - the Hasbro 2010 Luke with removable blade.

Hmmm....I haven't really looked through them all too much. I assume someone's given it a shot though so I'd post up a new thread and ask explicitly?
    Worst thing that can happen is someone cynically tells you to use the search feature, but then is nice enough to link you there anyways.

Searching the forum will likely be a waste of time. I haven't seen a topic covering that saber here before, which by no means is a guaranteed certainty that there isn't one, but there is no conversion kit in the store for one either. That said, there no reason some one couldn't still convert one. I have done the non-removable version myself, and it wasn't that difficult.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.