Thread: Custom cut job? How to go about asking?

Default Custom cut job? How to go about asking?

Hey guys I've got an idea based off of what I saw on the new random hilt gif on the main store page.

SaberBuilder_render1.jpg

Can this be done? Can the grooved section be cut so the box fits flush? If it can do I just reference the link to this post in my order or what?

Thanks guys in advance.

-Dan

Yes, the grooved section can be cut to flush mount that box, but you'll need a way to secure it to the piece afterward. you'll have to be very specific in what you Tim to do, so you will want to email him with what you're looking to have done.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

just ask tim and he will say yes or no the custom work he provides is 10 out of 10 no mater how small the work or how big everyone is happy with the end result =)

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Yes, the grooved section can be cut to flush mount that box, but you'll need a way to secure it to the piece afterward. you'll have to be very specific in what you Tim to do, so you will want to email him with what you're looking to have done.
    Whatcha mean Jay about securing it to the piece? I'm thinking the location on the grooved section where the box is to be mounted would need to be ground down to fit the box 5. (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ac...le-5-P477.aspx) and then I'd go for the custom service for the mounting hole millwork (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Bo...vice-P572.aspx).

Okay, I thought you meant you wanted the top of the box to be flush with the outer surface of the ribbed extension, as in it would sit into a hole the same shape as the box in the extension. The boxes are all dished, or radiused to fit the outer diameter of the MHS parts already, so milling the bottom flat to sit on a flat section milled into the ribbed extension might get you a lower profile, but probably not much more than they are already. Might still be worth a try, though.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Okay, I thought you meant you wanted the top of the box to be flush with the outer surface of the ribbed extension, as in it would sit into a hole the same shape as the box in the extension. The boxes are all dished, or radiused to fit the outer diameter of the MHS parts already, so milling the bottom flat to sit on a flat section milled into the ribbed extension might get you a lower profile, but probably not much more than they are already. Might still be worth a try, though.

Oh I see. Nah I just wanted the box to sit flush with the "valley" I guess of the groove. I wanted to box to be somewhat raised from the peak of the ribbing but not sit on top of the ribs themselves. Thanks a ton for the guidance. Probably what I'll do is just reference this forum post with in the email I send for the custom job.

Thanks.

-Dan

ask Tim to mill the bottom of the ox down too so it is 'flat' as well as the milled 'pocket' you want done in the ribbed section.