Thread: Question about speaker mount v3 and Speaker

Question Question about speaker mount v3 and Speaker

Hello all! So I need a 2AA speaker combo that will work with the petit crouton soundboard. As TCSS doesn't have one except a 4AAA combo, I was wondering exactly how this could be assembled. I was going to order the Speaker mount v3 and a premium speaker since I already have a 2AA battery pack. However, will this work with the soundboard as the soundboard has an input for the speaker and the battery pack? How does the speaker sit inside the mount, how is it powered, and are there any additional wires that would go to the speaker port or does it just work with the two normal battery pack wires? Will a 4AAA pack, which is part of MWS which I am using, work because the Petit Crouton is described as working best on 2 14500 cells? I will be purchasing the MWS Pre-wired Soundboard so that I can easily switch out parts whenever I want. So sorry for all the questions but can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuardian18 View Post
    I was going to order the Speaker mount v3 and a premium speaker since I already have a 2AA battery pack. However, will this work with the soundboard as the soundboard has an input for the speaker and the battery pack? How does the speaker sit inside the mount, how is it powered, and are there any additional wires that would go to the speaker port or does it just work with the two normal battery pack wires?
    Yes that would work. If you look again at the image of speaker mount V3, you will see two holes next to the spot where you place the battery pack. Those will allow the wires attached to your speaker to pass through the mount so that you may connect them to the PC. The speaker wil rest snugly inside the mount but you will need something to hold it in place there. Just use some hot glue. The speaker will be powered by the board. Just wire the speaker to the speaker pads and the battery pack to the battery pads

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuardian18 View Post
    Will a 4AAA pack, which is part of MWS which I am using, work because the Petit Crouton is described as working best on 2 14500 cells?
    Don't bother with the AAA pack since you're working with the Petit Crouton. Use the two 14500s like the manual says. Get two of these from the shop. They are will be exactly what you will need and they will fit in your AA battery holder.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/AW...0mAh-P692.aspx

And don't forget the charger.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Tr...rger-P346.aspx

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Haha! Awesome!

Well there you go Jedi Guardian. Tim just put this up in the store. Buy this and all your problems are solved!!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker