Good Afternoon, TCSSers!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here, trying to get an handle on all this neat chicanery that is the Saber Building scene. For a long time now I’ve had a dream and a vision, and this has developed into a project and a goal.

I’m in the early stages of production for a Darth Maglus costume. I love the game (SWTOR), and I love this guy. Plus he’s bald, like me, and has a respirator that covers his mouth, so I don’t have to shave my van dyke.

Malgus’s lightsaber is something that I want to get right. It’s very unique, and very iconic. There are a few different ones out there; there’s the one that’s seen in the trailers to SWTOR, and then there’s the one in the game, and the one in the Sideshow Collectables Statue.

21lightsaber.jpg
Darth-Malgus-Star-Wars-Old-Republic-figure-3.jpg

Here’s what I’ve got so far, as I'm leaning towards the simpler Sideshow Statue style

Malgus Saber Proto.jpg

I want to make it out of MHS parts. It doesn’t need to be an exact match, but I am trying to get it close.

I’ve read the “So noob, you want to make a MHS” post at the top, but I’m trying to double check if I’m missing anything. The end product I’m looking for is a solid saber with no sound (for now, may add it later), a red-illuminated AV switch, and as deep a red and as bright a blade I can muster. I’d LIKE to use the AA-sized lithium ion rechargeable batteries I have, if possible (I believe they’re the 12.5 volt variety), but if a recharger hook-up is better I'll go with that.

The hilt-blades…guh, I’m not sure. Maybe have TCSS cut a 1” vent on each side, 90 degrees down from the switch, and cast a pair of blades out of high-impact plastic to slot into the hilt? That will be my problem, I think, and I’ll be happy to share my solution if I find one.

So, what do you suggest? What do you recommend?