Thread: My Hilts

Default My Hilts

Here are the hilts I've made so far. Next up is building one with sound and a lit blade. I already have a few econo-boards to play with. Just to figure out how to design a new one.

This is the first I built...a good effort for a first, but I've been improving my dremel skills
    IMAG0178.jpg

This is the second I built. It has two accent LEDs. One of the two blinks. There's a momentary switch in the hilt and an on/off switch hidden in the pommel.
    Attachment 6898
    IMAG0228a.jpg

This one I've built a few times. I've been making it for friends to celebrate their thesis defenses for the PhDs. I figure what better way to defend something than with a lightsaber. Actually, I've given away all four I've made...I never managed to get one for myself.
    IMAG0362.jpg
    IMAG0364.jpg

I've learned a bit building these. Though I still need to learn how to create my own designs from the bits and pieces of things I can find at hardware stores. And I learned from this post that I need to take better pictures of things.

Got to love yellow box welcome aboard friend. They are nice BTW. I like them.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Those look real good bro! I say use the force and just go for it. Like BL said, "Don't think; feeell." I like them all!

Thanks. I'm trying to design two now, one inspired by Starkiller's and a duel bladed one that disconnects in the middle.