Thread: Question about the Petit Crouton Board and the SD Card.

Question Question about the Petit Crouton Board and the SD Card.

Hello I want to add sound to the saber I am currently building. I just was curious, does the Pre-wired PC board come ready to go once installed in a saber? Where does the SD card come into play or is it even included or necessary? The board does work with the buckpuck and all other MWS parts doesn't it? Sorry guys I don't have much spare time with all the hours at work I'm getting all of a sudden so I don't have much time to read through the soundboard manual. Any help would be great! Thank you so much!

You really want to find time to read through the manual at least once. All the answers to your questions about the Petit Crouton will be found inside.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

The pre-wired comes ready to assemble with the on board soldering already done to JST connectors for speaker, battery source in, out to main LED, main switch, auxilary switch, and 1 accent LED. The pre-wiring just makes it to where you can use this board without having to solder directly to it yourself. It is not pre-wired for flash on clash or the 2nd accent LED. I don't see where you would need a buckpuck as the board is an LED driver in itself and regulates current to your main LED. (It basically takes the place of a buckpuck in its own right) The SD card mounts in an card holder on the bottom of the board, and this is where the sound files and configuration are stored. To change settings, sound fonts, the easiest manner is to remove the card and put into a card reader on your computer and change the settings/files there. The config file on the card keeps the settings for the board such as all of your swing and clash sensitivity settings, what type switch you use for the main power switch (latching/momentary), the current going to the main LED, etc.)

My opinion is that its a nice piece for one that doesn't want to try and solder directly to the board and doesn't have to have FOC or that 2nd accent, but it looks like a mess of wires to me that are long and would take up some space. If I were going this route, I would definitely shorten some of the JST connector wires from the original setup as needed. Another thing is that if you are seriously in the market to drop $130 on a soundcard, it would be in your best interest to read through that manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    You really want to find time to read through the manual at least once. All the answers to your questions about the Petit Crouton will be found inside.

Not quite for me actually. On swing settings, I still have no idea what the "i" setting means. Couldn't find any clear answer in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nater View Post
    Not quite for me actually. On swing settings, I still have no idea what the "i" setting means. Couldn't find any clear answer in the manual.
    "i" is the overall sensitivity setting. Higher setting means more likely to register motion as a swing.
    Boring conversation anyway...

oh so simple. Thank you, because i swear I had no idea at all. I couldn't find it referenced anywhere, and the simple letter "i", I'm thinking what the hell does "i" stand for?