Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: yes real lightsabers

Youngling

Default yes real lightsabers

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Meh....

Brightness is horrible. For a stunt, you'd spend less here and have a better, brighter saber.

I would rather just use those to burn crap LOL!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Agreed... As soon as someone makes a blade that extends out of the hilt and cuts something, I'm down... Until then, TCSS for me...

Quote Originally Posted by dexios View Post
    Agreed... As soon as someone makes a blade that extends out of the hilt and cuts something, I'm down... Until then, TCSS for me...
    You known, the service here is so great, and I've had such incredible luck getting exactly what I want with the Store Wish List... has anybody thought to put "self-contained arcing plasma emitter" on that list? Tim might just surprise us!
    Boring conversation anyway...

I would never want to own or even handle a real lightsaber. I'd likely end up killing myself by accident, or at least lose a limb. High end prop replicas of lightsabers? I'm ALL for those!
    Follow Your Bliss

Not that great, and definitely not new. Iīve seen those done before, but canīt find the video right now.

Dont let Ace hear that 'air craft grade aluminum' comment.. lol

but Im interested in learning about their 'magnetic' stuff that make the laser look like its extending/retracting...etc.

still cant be the stuff that is made here and by the members of this community though.. (IMHO of course)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yeah, for a while those Laser Saber chaps were using MHS parts to house their laser pointers. The blade tip has a magnet and you break it loose from the end by giving it a vertical shake. Would probably not hold up to dueling which is the other reason they recommend against it.

Still....not really impressed. I think those particular laser modules look more like a lightsaber on their own than with all that crap on it. One day in the near future, you may see an extendable blade that works, though not cut stuff

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Lucasfilm is suing this company not only for copyright infringement, but because they don't want any association with a dangerous product or any subsequent lawsuits that are going to probably come up as a result from people being hurt. These things can burn, which means that a polycarbonate blade can burn as well, which could possibly cause bodily injury if there is a malfunction or a blade breaks. While caution must be exercised when using a high powered LED, such as a Luxeon, Cree, Seoul, LEDEngin, or the like (namely not looking at them lit without a blade inserted, or with unshielded eyes) as long as you only look at the light emitted from the LED and not directly at the LED, you're perfectly safe. In the video they actually show the unshielded laser (one without a blade) lighting matches. I wouldn't want to swing something like that around, much less risk burning or blinding a friend if I chose to duel with them. Plus if you have to wear special goggles to use a lightsaber replica, then it's clearly too bright and not safe.

The funniest part of this video is that most of it is clearly animated. The blades in the duel are completely animated. And yet they have a disclaimer saying never to duel with them. Go figure?? Sadly there are many people out there who are Star Wars/ Lightsaber fans that wouldn't know any better and could potentially hurt themselves. I don't think Wicked Lasers really cares though. At least here at TCSS, there are people like myself that know that the sabers we build are safe to use, and while we expect that our forums members are intelligent enough to do their own research, I know if someone was doing something that could potentially harm themselves or others that we as a community would stand up and try to correct their mistake before someone got seriously injured.

To me, Wicked Lasers doesn't strike me as the kind of company that would do the same for their customers. I could be wrong, but I just wanted to make it clear where I stand on the issue.
    Follow Your Bliss

Simple question. Apart from the odd magnetic extend/retract mechanism in the blade, what makes a metal hilt with a LASER inside and a hard plastic tube on the end any different to what we do?

The only thing I can think of is that we use more appropriate LASERs and sound.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent