Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mag-Lite Saber - Tree Shaker

Default Mag-Lite Saber - Tree Shaker

Here is my Mag-lite saber. Named it Tree Shaker, because when I got back from the store with the Mag-lite there was a large black bear blocking my driveway. It charged the car then went up to a tree, stood on its hind legs, and slapped the tree with both its front paws digging its claws into the bark, and hissed. Pretty cool.

Features:
    Yellow & Green Color disk(makes a nice yellow-green color like the sabers in the Tales of the Jedi comics)
    Titanium Mag-lite
    TCSS Mag-lite Blade Holder
    D-Ring
    Custom Leather Grip

100_0800.jpg
    100_0801.jpg
    100_0802.jpg
    100_0815.jpg
    100_0816.jpg

that is really nice looking... cant tell it was a mag light good job man
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Very nicely done. Love the leather grip.

I really want to build a maglite stunt saber too. Something real basic that can take a little use and abuse. I'm actually working on a very similar design myself along those lines.

Thanks for the motivation.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Never seen one so clean. Or at all really, mabe one. but this is nice!

Thanks guys for the awesome reply's! Glad you like my build. The mag-lites make great dueling sabers, but need a little modification to keep the batteries from jiggling around in the handle when you duel and the lens holder needs to be secured to get the light to focus properly. They are tough and have a nice heft to them.

that is a nice build, i can hardly tell it was mag light

Hi guys, this is my first post here. Hope this isn't too much of a necro but I figured someone who has built a maglite saber would know, so better to NOT start another thread. Just getting into sabersmithing and thought I would try one of these after I realized I had an old 2 D cell maglite in the basement. So with these sabers I can get an LED bulb for the maglite and simply slip the lens/lensholder over the current assembly inside the flashlight? Is that correct? Or do I need to gut them and replace with an entirely new LED assembly? Also what modification did you make to reduce the battery jiggle inside the handle?

"A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Thanks for the reply, yes I was aware of those, and think I have a pretty good plan for a stunt saber now after doing a bit more research. Will be waiting until after the holiday to order parts.

Darth Funk,
    I used strips of electrical tape inside the flash light tube to reduce the battery jiggle. The lens holder is loose and needs to be modded to fit properly inside the blade holder. I used tape for that too. The led is spring loaded, so when you secure the lens holder you can push it down with your finger and focus the light to get an even blade.