Thread: My first lightsaber build

Default My first lightsaber build

I decided to do a cheap build since I am new to this and have no experience sodering. I bought a Darth Maul Master Replica soundboard off eBay. I want to use that soundboard with an old stainless steel vaccuum attachment, so pretty much like a sinktube saber build.

Replacement Parts List:
    *With a Build your own Seoul P4 Electronics Kit - Seoul P4 Red LED with a 4AAA battery pack with jst connector, 4.7w ohm 5w resistor, SPST push on/off - Mom switch
    *TCSS "Battle Blade"
    *Premimum Speaker with 4AAA battery pack mount
    *2 wire Quick Connectors (3 of them...I think)

I have a few questions about my project.

I am not sure what gage wire comes with the Master Replica soundboard I have, but I want to get any new wire I purchase to be as close as possible to the soundboard wires. What gage wire should I get? Also what size heatshrink should I get?

Also I am considering incorperating a PLI (Power Level Indicator). How do I soder that into my build?

My Darth Maul Master Replica Soundboard Diagram.JPG

My camera is really bad, so I apoligize for the very blurry picture, but this is my general idea for the wiring. I gathered information from the forum to make this diagram. I color-coded the wires to the same colors as they appear on the Darth Maul Master Replica soundboard to make it somewhat easier. Does this diagram look right?

With the switch leads on the diagram is there a positive and a negative? Also I wanted to change switch it comes with to a SPST push on/off Mom button. Is there anything I need to do special for that other than sodering the two yellow wires in a "V"?

Do I need the 4.7 ohm 5w resistor that comes in the Seoul P4 kit? If so, where do I position it?

I also wanted to change out the stock clash and swing sensors with new ones from TCCS. Is there anything I need to know about that? Should I soder them on the same exact way as the stock sensors?

How do I soder in the 2 wire quick connectors? I want to use one for the LED, one for the Battery pack, and Possibly one for the speaker.

Is there anything else I forgot to mention or am forgetting to do in my project?

Thank you in advance for all of the help,
    Darth Terminus

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Use the resistor, you need a latching switch for that board, you do NOT need to switch out the clash/swing sensors. Your resistor will go on the positive wire for your led.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

I know I'm a little late here, but wanted to chime in about the power level indicator.
    Are you planning on using the one from the shop, or one built from scratch? If from scratch, are you going with a bargraph, a series of LEDs, a bi-color LED or just one LED to indicate a low charge?
    I can help you out if building one from scratch--just shoot me a message with what you're after.
    I'm doing the same thing on my Yoda build. That green LED on the side of the switch band will function as the indicator with a bi-color green/red LED.
    LIGHTSABER=to hack, swing, slash, slice, dice and dismember limbs!