Thread: Hello!!

Default Hello!!

Hi everybody!! I am new to this forum and as new as you can get to lightsaber building. I only recently came across this website(2 days ago) and I became interested. I started reading threads and trying to understand how a lightsaber is built. It's a lot to take in, but I am really excited to start building my own. I really want to make a double edged lightsaber, however, I thought it best to make a single bladed lightsaber first. I have been playing around with the MHS builder and this is what I want my first saber to look like...
    SaberBuilder_render.jpg

I probably won't powder coat it that much especially because I want to do 3 inches of diamond knurling left of the activation switch. I have gotten to the part now where I need to research the electronic component portion of this project. I have no idea what to put inside or where it will go, but I hope I don't have to alter my design to much if at all for the components. Time to go read so more threads!

Welcome! And might I say... NICE first design! It amazes me that I can still see simple MHS builds in combinations I'd never thought of, that still impress. If you've really got your heart set on a double-bladed saber, you could fairly easily convert that one to a double-edged down the road by simply getting rid of the pommel, adding a double-male connector, then duplicating the saber on the other side. I think it'd look fantastic either way, single or double edged.

Glad to have you here!
    Boring conversation anyway...

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Welcome aboard! sounds and looks like you're off to a great start. Keep up with reading as you can always learn something around here.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Looks good

One note - your activation box will probably need to slide toward the pommel a little so that it doesn't overlap the threads on your hilt pieces.

Welcome! Nice design. Can't wait to see it become a reality.