Thread: CorSec - a Corran Horn Lightsaber - ft. Igniter™

Default CorSec - a Corran Horn Lightsaber - WITH IGNITER™ R2!!!!!

Greetings Saber Fans!

IndustrialAction Customs

PROUDLY Presents

CorSec

Back in November, I downloaded the Kindle version of Michael Stackpole’s I, Jedi. I fell in love with the book and really enjoyed being inside Corran’s head. For those of you not well versed in the EU, Corran was the grandson of Nejaa Halcyon, a Jedi Master. Corran’s early career was with Corellian Security, also known as CorSec. In I, Jedi Corran builds his lightsaber. I had, of course, seen Madcow’s version and loved it like everyone else but I had a different image in my head and went to work on a design. Just before I received my parts back from Strydur @TCSS, Madcow announced the second run of his Corran Horn saber. I let Madcow know that I was building this saber and offered to hold off on showing the saber or keeping it off FX for a while. Madcow appreciated the gesture and graciously gave me his blessing to show the build.

CorSec is 100% customized MHS parts. It features Igniter™ with TruColor™. It has a center mounted PLI, color changing/sequenced RGB crystal pommel, diamond knurling and mini tactile switches. The saber was a labor of love and looks EXACTLY like my final concept render. The only change made from the original plan was to go from using a quad 14500 pack to a dual 14500 pack. The quad doesn’t work with the switch placement.

CorSec has nine fonts all made for Igniter™. I produced a new font just for this build call Speeder Bikes and it is the first font shown in the video. Three of the fonts are mine, four are from Link, one is from Mongo (IRA) and the last is from Naigon. Many of the fonts have multiple hums (Speeder Bikes has six, Pod Racer has six, Essence – Episode I has three, etc) so the reality is that there are a ton of fonts on this saber. Many of the fonts have 30+ sounds making this an epic build.

I really enjoyed this design. The end result fits my vision to a “T”. Enjoy the pics and video below! Big thanks to everyone that encouraged me throughout the build including Naigon, Keil Edge, Nartules and many more!
    ~IA

SPECS

Custom MHS Based Saber

Igniter™ & TruColor™

10W LEDengin RGGB

Sequenced 5mm RGB Crystal Pommel

Dual 14500 7.4V Li-Ion

13 Segment Shaft Mounted PLI

NINE Fonts: Speeder Bikes by IndustrialAction, Pod Racer by IndustrialAction, Essence, Episode I by IndustrialAction, Unknown by Link, Knil by Link, Transform by Link, Unnatural by Link, Phantom Jedi by Mongo and Father’s Son by Naigon.

NINE Main Blade Colors

NINE Blaster & Lock-up Colors

Shaftless Rumble Motor (FULLY configurable using “Crystal” pads on Igniter™)

2W Bass Speaker

Custom Diamond Knurling

7/8” SabreBlade™

Arkhan Custom Kill Key

GLAMS

VIDEO

I have to apologize up front for the video. I have limited space/time to make videos and my basement is my only option. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough space to properly swing a saber (as is pretty obvious at the end, haha). I'll look in to making a future video in the garage to see if I can get enough room for some solid swings and spins.

Last edited by IndustrialAction; 05-03-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Very nice saber IA. Kudos.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

And I'll say it again here. Very epic saber! Love the design and Igniter soundboard! I need to read up on this EU saber!

CorSec now features Igniter™ R2!!

Check out the demo video!

Great video IA! The R2 version of this board is just fantastic. There is just so much you can do with it. I will be doing some videos this weekend of my Igniter R2 powered saber as well.

Great video indeed, thanks IA, very informative about how far you can go with this soundboard, which is impressive btw
    Clicky Sig =>