Thread: Prophecy of End Times -- Complete

Default Prophecy of End Times -- Complete

Finally, a finished product. RGB Saber with colour-mixing dimmer knobs for infinite colour customization and sound (Hasbro Yoda).

Just a few shots, this is the first saber that I've come close enough to finishing that I'm comfortable with posting a few pictures with. It took me a year to do it, but I finally crammed it all in there!

Please be kind. =)
    All the spaces in between, in the flow of dreams and energy, the scars in the force ... I am at the heart of the void....

Is that a prophecy v1? If so, holy whoa. Cram fu.

This is, indeed, a prophecy v1. Unfortunately, I did not take any photos of the wiring (nor will I) due to its sloppiness and due to the fact that much of the central body was filed out and filled with Great Stuff foam insulator around the housing for the sound card and throughout much of the body around the pots. I'm banking on this guy not breaking, but I wanted the shock absorbancy to deflect away from anything delicate and/or expensive for rough dueling. This saber is tried and true me-proof. ^_~

Anyhow, the hardest part of this job was just locating the potentiometers. I considered scrapping this hilt, to be quite honest, and just using micro-pots (which are less than 1/4 an inch in diameter) ... but I loved this hilt. I added the pommel from TCSS to give myself a very much-needed extra inch for speaker and battery placement.
    All the spaces in between, in the flow of dreams and energy, the scars in the force ... I am at the heart of the void....

I was recently considering a mixable coloured saber sort of like this myself. Nice one! You'll have to show off some mixes...youtube maybe?

I did try to snap a few shots of some of the color mixing, but most of the tints really are lost on camera. Blues all just look like the same blue, really, and so on. The only major colour that you can't achieve with a latching-switch setup is orange, which actually comes in very powerfully. Full Red + Full Green = Yellow, naturally, but when you tone the green down heavily ... you can make some pretty mean-looking oranges. The other base colours that come through really well are violets and pinks, and my personal favorites, the teals.

In my opinion, this saber's stock violet was okay, but okay at best. It came through more pink than violet due to the over-intense red. But now that I can tone-control the volume of the red die, my violet looks deep and rich. Pinks are an added bonus that the stock latching-switch Prophecy models were not capable of producing that I can now tweak on this saber.

Back to the teals, when this saber came stock, it was capable of producing (via Blue + Green) a nice pale blue. It looked, in my opinion, more akin to the blue of A New Hope -- pale, probably more white than blue -- and it was neat to play with. But now, being able to tweak the levels of green/blue, the Aquamarine colours are now possible (which is pretty all right with me, being that my favorite colour is a deep green with a hint of blue to make a deep and beautiful Sea Green colour).

Again, much to my dismay, most of these colour swatches are lost on film. Aqua looks like a pale green, pinks and violets look more red or purple than anything, but I will definitely try and adjust the lighting and put something together maybe.... I don't have a nice camera, as you may have noticed. I just snapped these shots with my Android X-2. We'll see!
    Last edited by Cancer; 04-21-2012 at 03:41 PM.