Thread: 10 segment led bargraph qestions?

Blog Entries

Default 10 segment led bargraph qestions?

is there a way to wire a 10 segment blue bargraph led to 1 of the 2 accent led pads of the petit cruton v2 sound board. the fv of the bargraph is about the same of a typical 5mm led indicator(about 3v 20mah). the 10 segment bargraph obviously has 20 pins, do i bridge all the pins together except for the last 2 that goes to the accent led pad. i know the pads of the pc is 3.3v. i believe the bargraph is pre resistored. i'm not sure about all this. can any one help me by NOT explaining it to me, but making me a diagram, i'm a.d.d. so any thing from any body would be super helpful, thanks a million

Last edited by grayven; 04-18-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Gravy is correct.. use a power extender and ALWAYS use a resistor! (I forget who said that one ). Although the new px boards have on board spot (were such a spoiled bunch)

Keep in mind there is no true bar graph feature on the pc (it just does like chase patterns and stuff for 2 accents, both ON, one ON, the other ON type thing).. So even if you (could)hook it up to the accent pad.. its not going to actually measure (or reactively measure) anything.

But hey it will still look awesome!! (all ***y blue and stuff) And I think its so cool how no matter what with the use of a px you can do it!!! (up to your source v obviously)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

I use it off a CF accent pad and no resistor. I set the bar-graph switch to = my batt pack voltage (7.4), I get a nice scroll effect and it's pretty damn close to reading actual batt levels, for a bar graph that is. I would think same set up for PC would work just the same. You just want to set up you accent pad out put right in the text file.

I use it off a CF accent pad and no resistor. I set the bar-graph switch to = my batt pack voltage (7.4), I get a nice scroll effect and it's pretty damn close to reading actual batt levels, for a bar graph that is. I would think same set up for PC would work just the same. You just want to set up you accent pad out put right in the text file.
    So you have a Bar graph off of 1 accent led pad and the other accent led's are still being used for whatever ? What particular Bar graph did you use ???

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/PL...ator-P267.aspx style 2. And yes. Don't forget though that As stated above I used a Power extender. When I turn config my LED settings I can get all kinds of different scrolling effects. you can see how it works here. Look around the 1 minuet mark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2kXt...8&feature=plcp