Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pvc forest hilt

Youngling

Default Pvc forest hilt

Well this is a carry over from my other post , however I feel that this saber deserves its own post.
    I was starring at this one the other night and thought, since it was supposed to be from like Endor or a forest plant, i would make the handle from wood....
    So I took the existing grip section I had, and dremeled it down, and painted..BOOM. PVC wooden grip. YES!!!
    I also have a bunch of Herkimer Diamonds laying around from our trip there last year. Thought, he I think this needs a crystal chamber.

I made the chamber in a reducer, however dont have pic of the crystal assembly, as it is not done yet.
    This will also have leather, and bead tassels (right word?) of the pommel.

As always comments welcome!

Last edited by HAVOK; 04-05-2012 at 08:00 AM.

I'm very impressed by the work you did on this hilt. I think the dremeling gives some great texture to the grip, and is a very convincing illusion of wood. I think that beads will be a nice touch (I've been playing around with the same idea with some jute twine on my own Old Republic saber). My only recommendation is that you may want to weather/paint the hex screws to better match the color scheme you've established on the rest of the saber.

I look forward to seeing the final product, and would seriously consider purchasing it when it's made available.

Blog Entries

really nice hilt Havok! opens up the possibilities for some other textures on PVC too.

WOAH. I'm not really a fan of a lightsaber looking anything like a piece of equipment, but that is very fine looking. If elves or treants had lightsabers they would probably look like that.

If I had any criticism at all it would probably be to suggest that the hilt piece under the bark not be copper colored... it seems (to me) like it ought to have some contrast with the bark sections.

But aside from that very nice.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

It is a nice saber and all, but I don't think you're supposed to advertise sales here...

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Youngling

opps... forgot about that.

That's pretty cool looking. The textures that we can get by carving and shaping pvc is awesome. I also checked out the other pvc hilts you've built. You have some
    really cool designs.

I'm usually not a big fan of PVC sabers , but this is one of these that change my mind... Great work

This saber really fascinates me. I was thinking about some element of wood in a future saber, but I hadn't even considered PVC. Great work!

As always nice work!! I LOVE that wood cut!! I made a wood saber but nothing like this one!! LOVE IT!!