Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 5w heat sink

120C but that's ok cause we are all good.

Here's the rub on the deal that has been gone over but tends to get forgotten or ignored.

The MHS design makes the whole hilt a great big heatsink and as such can take on more then we give it credit for.

xwing buddy! You read my mind on the eyes and the camera![] I took pics 10 seconds after power up and again at 30 minutes and again at 1 hour. I will be glad to get those up once I get my mini usb cord for the camera as I am excited about that too[8D]
    I don't have any kick arse temp reading equipment but I will see if I can find someone who does but I pretty much have a good idea that we will be good. Bottom line: Finger on heatsink not get burned, LED ok[]

I would love to test the 5w with the #3 blade holder and a sink tube adapter if anyone wants to send me a set[]

This is what makes life fun. Somtimes ya just grab the bull by the horns and hold on for the ride.

<center></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm looking into the getting a bunch of custom heatsinks made by a friend who did some stuff for me before so I think if I want to do a 5W with a sink tube I'll be set.

I was going to have him make some aavid style finned ones. I could use them in my customs or attach them to the back of the TCSS heatsink if I remove the fins.

You are right though that the MHS is a big heatsink. With sink tubes... I'll be on the safe side.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

I have built several 5 watt luweon with the buckpuck driver and used the mhs blade holder and sink tube adater and heat is not an issue the holder does get slightly warm to the touch I would estimate 100-105 degress. Even with the saber on for long periods of time it does not get any warmer.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

OK I turned it on and in under aminute we're at 81F....

3 min 82F.....

10 Min 83degF

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

At the LED base? Or the outside?

</center>

Sorry just on the surface of the Lit LED. Since it would not be a true reading taken apart; that's the only accessible reference point. Got any other ideas on how to test the base heat?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, the LED should be hotter at the surface... I believe. If so that's quite impressive.

I don't have any idea of how to test the base, but that's where they rate it.

</center>