Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial on how to Take apart a Short AV Switch

Default Tutorial on how to Take apart a Short AV Switch

Ok its not that hard to do, take your AV swithch a short one. for this tut i used a orange ring.

Now take your dremel and cut as close to the threads as I did, and go all the way around the switch.

Once you do that the assembly just slides out.

Here is a pic of the pieces.

Here is my finished product. I took a 5mm purple led and cut it down to as close the the diod as possible and fit it inside... I takes some experimenting, but this is what I got.

sorry the pic is blurry but you can get a hint.

edit: sticky if you think people will find useful.
    Last edited by Xanatos1986; 04-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

You can remove the existing led legs and drill a 5mm hole in the back of the assembly and slide your led in. That's how I do mine anyway...

Good tute bro!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Thanks man.

Nice tut. I lathed off the bevel. Next I re-soldered the legs back onto the new led. Finally I epoxied the base back in. Cyan FTW
    build 007.jpg

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

lucky you have a lathe lol hope this helps many people, taking it apart also hekps if you want to weather it

Bunny happy this good info dead switch will be ressurected

Awesome Tut!
    Just what I was looking for.

I am SO using this. Thanks for the tutorial Xanatos1986!
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Now, do you think it would be possible to hack the switch to make it even shorter? (no pun intended there)

It's hard for me to make out if that's feasible... even if it's just trimming off 5mm.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

probably could ill try and get the one i messed up to come apart and Ill try in... how short are yo needing it? you could take the leads off and just run wire... but idk if we can hack it off cuz of the plastic housing