Thread: recharge port

Default recharge port

I'm installing a patit crouton sound board and I want to put in a 7.4v lith ion rechargeable battery, I do not wish to remove battery. So planning on installing recharge port. Is there anyway do this without damaging sound board. Wiring diagram would be sweet. So a recharge set up w/ mini usb on a 2nd best forum. Does anyone on the best forum know how to accomplish this. Thanx.

what are you wanting? there is a recharge port how to wire it on the PC manial... start there.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

what i want to know is should i pig tail off of the rechargeable battery from chargere port to board, and if i do will i take the chance of burning up the board when charging? and i want to charge using a mini usb cord.

I haven't heard of anybody using a mini-USB cable to charge a saber. Most people use the 2.1mm power jack for recharging batteries in a saber; and Xanatos is right, there's a tutorial in the PC manual on how to wire it up. If you use that port and follow those schematics, it won't hurt the board at all.
    Boring conversation anyway...

you could try it that way OR with the usb... if it burns up then we know lol but id try the 2.1mm port instead.

There is no risk of the board being damaged if you wire the port correctly, as the female plug will cut power to the other electronics when the male jack is plugged in and the charger will be connected solely to the battery.
    As for charging via USB, the 5 volts/0.5A maximum for USB is nowhere near the most efficient way of charging such large capacity Li-Ion batteries, you would also have to add extra electronics inside the hilt to accommodate the power coming through USB, and transform it into something sufficient to charge batteries.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but unless you want to spend a lot of time making it work, the smart charger in the store is by far the best option available.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

good to see you skott I have not seen you in forever.