Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Invisas 2nd Sith Saber

Default Invisas 2nd Sith Saber

Hello saberland

Been a while since I posted something new on here, been real busy this year and lacked a bit of enthusiasm too. That has changed somewhat in the last week, so I thought I get started on a project which I initially intended to be part of the
    TCSS comp.

What I have is BH 19, Ribbed/Grooved Ext, Two trim rings, 1.5in Ext and a Doub Fem Grooved without holes.

I also ordered some chassis parts and had some made. I really want to make a Slothfurnace style crystal chamber which is
    proving harder than I thought.

So here's what I've got so far.

Saber parts all together, doesn't look like much or even a good combo of parts.

photo 2.jpg

So I got started on the shroud I had in mind. Find I'm getting better with the dremel. Test fit with the BH in.

photo (5).jpg photo (6).jpg photo 8.jpg

Then I finished the cutting and did a bit of filing and a proper test fit

photo (4).jpg
    Last edited by Invisas1979; 07-29-2011 at 08:57 AM.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

And how annoying, can only add 5 images per post. Apologies for the double posting.

So the test fit, this time with switch placement and I've finished two of three cut outs in the double female with grooves
    (which need some work).

photo 2 (2).jpg photo (3).jpg

Still got some work to do on the shroud, needs rubbing down to rid it of some minor marks and then polishing.

So I had a little play with the design of the crystal chamber and have come up with a basic design.

Parts and Pics.

photo 5.jpg photo (2).jpg photo 2 (1).jpg

More to come shortly.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Ok tripple post here we go. Again not intentional but can't add any more pics in the last post.

So I had a play with the design. To hold the chassis in pace I knew I always wanted to attach a speaker holder to it. Initially I drilled and tapped the speaker holder, but this was not strong enough, so I put a bolt in and secured it to the radiator
    rings.

Build pic and test fit.

photo (7).jpg photo 2 (5).jpg

My measurements were good and the centre piece, where the crystal will sit, is in the middle of the extension. Once I
    have the main reveal slot done, the crystal chamber will be very much on show.

That's all for now. Apologies again for the triple post.

It's amazing how much a good shroud will improve the base parts. You're using essentially the same MHS parts that I used on Palea Dei, but looks nothing like her. It's looking very nice, can't wait to see more pics.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Looking good - really like the chassis work. Are those just brass washers? (besides what looks to be Tims work as well).
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    Looking good - really like the chassis work. Are those just brass washers? (besides what looks to be Tims work as well).
    I found a clock maker who sold brass blanks and had an 8mm hole drilled center so Tims chassis disc pattern could be drilled into them. Chassis is a fair way from finished though.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    It's amazing how much a good shroud will improve the base parts. You're using essentially the same MHS parts that I used on Palea Dei, but looks nothing like her. It's looking very nice, can't wait to see more pics.
    Yes, I completely agree. The sleeve material is the most versatile thing Tim sells. It's awesome stuff and far better than sink tube, though the brass of the sink tube is great if you have the patience to sand the chrome off.

Simply amazing great job.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Nice work. The shroud work is nothing short of brilliant and the chassis assembly with the speaker is pretty cleaver. Might jot down the idea for a future build of mine

Great job so far, im really looking forward to seeing this all come together.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I have to agree with the sentement about the shroud. It makes all the difference! Its a cool design, I might have to play around with something similar in MHS Builder
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."