Thread: Tentative pseudo tutorial for converting a Hasbro Vader Removable

Default Tentative pseudo tutorial for converting a Hasbro Vader Removable

And here's another quick-and-dirty tutorial, this one on how to use the standard TCSS Vader conversion kit to convert a Hasbro Vader Removable. I skipped some details that were the same in my Anakin pseudo tutorial, so you might want to refer to that if you get confused.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1156176...eat=directlink
    There's always a bigger fish.

Thanks Matt for sharing this.
    It will be very useful soon as I have a load of removable sabers ready for conversion, and the vader was a little mistery to me yet.

The Vader is a little bit tricky, because it requires you to make some modifications to the hilt and the shroud that you would not expect. You have to widen the hole in the steel hilt where the retention screw penetrates it, and you need to destroy the retention screw in order to remove, and then widen its hole in the shroud to about 4.5mm. And the inner case is hard to crack open. Apart from that, it's pretty straightforward, I think.

So, Matt, the standard vader FX conversion kit actually fits this saber with no modification to the new blade holder?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    So, Matt, the standard vader FX conversion kit actually fits this saber with no modification to the new blade holder?
    Yes and no. The hole for the retention screw is not in the exact same spot, so you need to re-size the hole in the hilt so that the screw can pass through it to the blade holder in the right spot.But that hole doesn't need to be tapped, and because it is hidden by the shroud, it doesn't even have to be pretty. Apart from that, it's perfect.