Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guitars with LEDs

well you guys KNOW i had to reply to this topic! tk3105, those LEDs in the fretboard look cool as hell.

where'd you run the wiring? does it go in the same hollowed-out spot that the truss rod sits in?

-------------------------

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some idea-balls to remove from a manitee tank."

you guys should check out www.bolinguitars.com he has the sweetest guitars, and i think a couple in his gallery have el wire on them. by the way his shop is about two blocks away from where i live. yay!!!

edit:sorry, forgot to say that those look totally sweet!
    rock on dude[}]

i dabble a bit on the axe. my son does better than me tho. those leds are sweet.

<center></center>
    Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn

well you guys KNOW i had to reply to this topic! tk3105, those LEDs in the fretboard look cool as hell.

where'd you run the wiring? does it go in the same hollowed-out spot that the truss rod sits in?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I wish! Sadly there isn't room. The wiring has to go in a seperate (very narrow) routed channel. It's totally invisible when finished though. These are total retro-fit and all use the original necks. Most people think the fretboard needs to come off for this kind of mod. That's definitely not the case though.

Thanks for your kind words guys. Appreciate it!

Scott [8D]

Scott Anderson
    501st UK Garrison TK-3105
    Omega Wing 'Eagle Squadron' DS-315
    501st Jolly Roger Squadron TI-3105

Must be a pain to get wire thru those channels, particularly if the double lighted fret needs to get over to a single channel. Wow.

WOW !!!
    Man would I like one of those green LED ones!!
    I only play a little bit, but they look great!

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Derthh_Mawlz

Must be a pain to get wire thru those channels, particularly if the double lighted fret needs to get over to a single channel. Wow.

It takes some VERY careful drilling... with some tiny drills! []

Scott Anderson

i'll probably have to get to "hey i saw that guy on TV on Fuse" status, but if ya ever wanna send me a demo guitar, feel free...my band's shows draw well over five hundred people every time we play. i'd be glad to give ya a shout-out onstage or wear a t-shirt that says "tk3105 rules!"

[]

-------------------------

MADD - Mi's Against Drunk Dremeling

Awesome! me want!
    I'll have to see if I can do that to my bass.

"I ran over the Taco Bell dog."

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn

i'll probably have to get to "hey i saw that guy on TV on Fuse" status, but if ya ever wanna send me a demo guitar, feel free...my band's shows draw well over five hundred people every time we play. i'd be glad to give ya a shout-out onstage or wear a t-shirt that says "tk3105 rules!"

Well I don't exactly send out demo guitars but I'm sure we can do something for you...

Scott Anderson