Thread: Saber wont un-screw or turn off

Default Saber wont un-screw or turn off

My saber wont turn off when i push the button into OFF position. Im using the modular wiring system. also, for some reason it will NOT unscrew at all, but it was working fine this morning. any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Maxis II View Post
    My saber wont turn off when i push the button into OFF position. Im using the modular wiring system. also, for some reason it will NOT unscrew at all, but it was working fine this morning. any help?
    There's definitely Topics posted about both problems that can help you. The problem about parts not unscrewing is a stickied topic so check the stIckies.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

This is just a guess. But it's possible you snagged a wire in the threading when you screwed it together. I've done this before myself. I finnally fixed it by twisting as hard as I could till it finnally unscrewed.

All I can say is good luck.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The MWS will not turn off if the voltage is too low.. I hope to get this changed out for a better setup soon.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

You can make a 4 wire buckpuck modular, I did, the first puck I used was a 6 wire, and I had the "not turning off" issue with a non illuminated AV switch

Here's a diagram of what I did:

You don't have to replace the buckpuck, you can just snip off the wires leading to the switch from the puck, and wire the remaining 4 this way.
    Last edited by Darth Odious; 04-19-2012 at 08:35 AM.