Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Electronics Parts List for first saber.

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully I will be able to order the parts and get started in about a month, (waiting until after graduation since things are pretty busy right now), should be a fun summer project!
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

Sorry for the double post, but just thought of another question. The Blue Rebel Star product page says the target current level is 700mA, and I know with the PC you can configure the current. Will running it a little higher increase it's brightness, and what is that max it should be run at?
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

Quote Originally Posted by CGompertz09 View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but just thought of another question. The Blue Rebel Star product page says the target current level is 700mA, and I know with the PC you can configure the current. Will running it a little higher increase it's brightness, and what is that max it should be run at?
    Runnig a blue rebel higher than 700ma will make it brighter, but the color will wash out the higher you go. You may start off with a nice medium blue at 700ma, then end up with a sky blue at 1200ma. I have run them at 1250 with no problems on my CF and PC sabers. The setting for 1250ma is 58 if you want to try that.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Runnig a blue rebel higher than 700ma will make it brighter, but the color will wash out the higher you go. You may start off with a nice medium blue at 700ma, then end up with a sky blue at 1200ma. I have run them at 1250 with no problems on my CF and PC sabers. The setting for 1250ma is 58 if you want to try that.
    Alright, I actually might switch to a Royal Blue LED instead (I like the color better), but I'll give that a try. Thanks!
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

I have yet to use a royal blue Rebel, usually for blues I go with the P4. Just a better shade to me than the rebel blue, they have a nice medium blue hue to them. I have used Luxeon III Royal blue's before, and really liked that shade as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.