Thread: 2010 Hasbro Anakin Removable Blade Version - Done & kits available

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Greatings Jediknights!

I'd like to convert my Hasbro Luke Skywalker ANH 2010 removable blade lightsaber. I found this instruction on the net and I need your help and advise about choosing the LED for my saber.(I can order the kit from the saberproject but i living in hungary and the postage is very high, so i have to do it on my own).

First question is what efficiency (watt) is the best for me, because I do not want to discharge the battery quickly but I need a shiny blade. I found 1W, 3W, 5W Power LEDs, which would be the best choose?

1W:
    Forward voltage: 3,2 V
    amperage: 300 mA
    Brightness: 70 lm
    Beam Angle: 120 (degree)

3W:
    Forward voltage: 3,2 V
    amperage: 700 mA
    Brightness: 100 lm

5W:
    Forward voltage: 7,5 V
    amperage: 700 mA
    Brightness: 150 lm

The shop where i can buy this LEDs i only found 30,45,90 (degree) lens, shoud i search smaller degree lens?

tutorial link:
    http://www.saberproject.de/en/sabers...#disassembling
    LEDs:

Does this apply to the Obi-wan as well? If not can I send mine to you to have fixed up with a blue rebel or cree led? :P I'm still kinda nervous about doing conversions myself x.x Its a special saber so. PM me if we can work something out if you don't mind =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

There are no commissions allowed on the forums here.

This conversion tutorial is for the anakin removable blade, not the Obi-wan. The wiring for the soundboards is likely the same, but that's about it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Hey gang, first off this turtorial is awesome!! Very well detailed and it answered allot of my questions except for one. I noticed the turtorial was based of the removal blade saber already. Is it possible to use these parts with a fixed blade saber? I know you would probably have to make a new way for a restraining screw

I was curious if there's any kits out there to convert fixed blade saber's Luke/Anikan's specifically

Thank you for all your time

There's a separate kit and tutorial for the fixed bladed version here:http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...kits-available

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    There's a separate kit and tutorial for the fixed bladed version here:http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...kits-available
    hey thanks for the link, i saw that before but didn't know for sure. anyone know now that hasbro has released the luke again if TCSS is going to produce conversion kits again?

TCSS never produced a conversion kit for the Luke ANH model, due to the costs involved in machining an aluminum version of the plastic piece that the saber was built with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    No there isn't.

The images don't show so you can't follow!
    "Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe... and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic—but you were deceived, as our powers of the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you...and now...finally...we have returned. You were deceived. And now, your Republic shall fall!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dreagon View Post
    No there isn't.

The images don't show so you can't follow!
    When I posted that link to the other tutorial, the pictures were still visible...not my fault photo bucket changed their plans and no longer allow third party hosting for free accounts.