Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Build: Sink pipe elbow Tusken Raider saber

Default First Build: Sink pipe elbow Tusken Raider saber

This was my first custom light saber.
    I did a lot of looking around for inspiration. I wanted to keep my design simple but still end up with something really cool.
    Some of the sabers I found that I loved the most were LDM's A'Sharad Hett Sabers, and I've always liked the idea of a Tusken Raider Jedi.

I used the sink pipe elbow because it reminded me of the bend in the gaffi stick.
    I used a Hasbro Ultimate FX board and a green p4.
    One of the 2 watt bass speakers and a rumble motor out of an old ps2 controller (which ended up being a bit overkill).
    I wrapped it in suede and it ended up getting tighter than I ever thought I would be able to get it.
    I did the weathering with several layers of ink and clear coat.

I made a set of beads for it that I haven't gotten pictures of yet. I'll try to get a pic of it and a pic of the crystal chamber lit up.
    Hope you like it; I'd love to hear what you think.

Last edited by Jabbas_reluctant_slave; 04-05-2012 at 07:14 PM.

VERY creative. Really dig the detail on the shroud, and the wraps came out looking fantastic. A job very well done.

Here are the extra pictures I said I would put up.

Thank you Ty_Bomber.

Photo on 2012-04-05 at 22.31.jpgPhoto on 2012-04-05 at 22.32.jpg

Banned

Well done!

Blog Entries

Wow I love this saber LEGEN... wait for it... Very creative... If only they had done a saber this creative for Sharad Hett's blade! I've been on a yellow blade kick here lately, but I think this saber would look amazing with a yellow blade lol

....DARY!!!!!

I love the lit crystal chambers, and digging the staggered emitter shroud slotting.
    Saber-smith Beginner - Still working

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    That looks awesome!

Too bad they don't sell US sized sinktubes in Finland
    They do...when you order them from TCSS. I find them less expensive, better quality, and a fit better then the inconsistent tubes I can get locally. Getting one with an elbow is a whole other story.

Nice job! The weathering looks great in your pics. Surprisingly good for the method you used. I never would have imagined it would come out like that. I also like the lack of symmetry in the overlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien Kane View Post
    I've been on a yellow blade kick here lately, but I think this saber would look amazing with a yellow blade lol
    Yeah, It actually was going to be green or yellow and the deciding factor was the fact that I was unable to get a good yellow when dying the quartz crystal, so I just did green.

That totally screams Tusken Raider, good job man.