Thread: The new Li-Ion battery packs and a chassis disc idea

Default The new Li-Ion battery packs and a chassis disc idea

I like the new battery packs Tim has listed in the store, but was wondering about the specifications of the pcb's that were used on them, such the current limit and if they have built-in short circuit protection.

I was also wondering if there is a possibility of seeing an 18500 stick pack as well as some chassis discs that might look something like this:

This allows for a CF or PC to sit on top of the battery pack and works in conjunction with the speaker mount v4 to create a chassis that fits perfectly into a standard MHS shilt:

What I did there was add some double sided 3M foam mounting tape, a clear piece of plastic I cut from a battery package, and the threaded rod and aluminum tubing from the shop. I think what would work even better would be a pair of delrin discs made to allow the stick pack to pass through the bottom of the disc and then have a notch milled out of the top of the disc to snap the soundboards in place.

Anyone else think this might be a good idea, and worth Tim's time to design and have made for the store?
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 04-04-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

any suggestions from you Jay, I second.

I would really like to see some chassis discs setup for 18xxx batteries.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Oooh... great idea! Seconded.

Thirded.

I like that idea especially for the larger chassis disk that fits between hilt pieces.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

This chassis disc idea will likely work even better with the 14500 stick pack, which would give a person a bit more room to mount the soundboard on top, but you'd still be limited to the run time of a 14500.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.