Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My first ever build: Sith Spine

On a planet so far away that not even the Jedi, nor the Sith have ever discovered it.

Default My first ever build: Sith Spine

this is my first ever build and im finally just getting around to posting it now that i have almost everything i need to finish it, all i need to ge/do is get some more wires, snap clip pliers, and an soldering iron, then i just need to learn how to solder.
    1x hilt safty plug
    1x LED blade holder 7 new style
    4x MHS choke style 3
    1x 1.2" double female connector
    1x MPS pommel style 4
    1x mps C-clip
    1x mps insert style 11
    1x seoul p4 red LED
    1x 16mm anti vandal momentary red ring switch
    2x 1.5ohms 2w resistors
    1x 3x aa end to end battery holdersith spine 1.jpgsith spine 2.jpg

Your design is very original IMHO, looks like it's going to become a fantastic "spinner" too

I'm sure it's going to look terrific when you light it up!

I like it. Are you going to paint/ powdercoat it, or leave it raw? With a shape like that, you could do a lot of neat things with paint or overlays.

One thing was jumping out at me, though: I saw you ordered a momentary AV switch. Are you putting a soundboard/ LED driver in this saber? If not, I think you need a latching switch, instead of a momentary one.

all I can say is wow... I dont see a CF, PC or FX board fitting but a econo obi yes... also with 1 li-ion battery that thing could have sound for sure. I like it. gives me ideas.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

On a planet so far away that not even the Jedi, nor the Sith have ever discovered it.

Thanks for the awesome comments every one im glad you guys like it.

@Vazan Maceu: yeah i wanted to do something nobody had done before, and i does spin really well it actually feels really natrual when i hold it.

@TuxedoCartman: im just going to leave it raw but i did want to get a white poder coat but then i found out tim doesnt do it any more,i would like to see it in black or gold with blue. The thing with the switch i ordered the wrong one but when i order the extra wires ill the getting the correct one and ill most likly use the momentary with my next build.

@Xanatos1986: i really just wanted something simple for my first build but i have been thinking about adding sound so ill keep the obi in mind, i dont know how big the sound cards are but the saber is about 13.7 inches long and the inside of the chokes are their normal diameter, i cant wait to see the kinds of things you come up with ill bet they will be awesome.

I don't think a PC or Mr will fit in the choke....but maybe one will if the male threaded area of a choke is bored out.... but idk its worth a look ill do some measuring lol its slick lookin.

That is a great looking hilt.

@xanatos: yeah idk either if one would fit at all either let me know if u find out one does with all the details, thanks i wanted it it to have a smooth n natural look to it

@darth midian: thanks

Its not going to.... but a obi econo should. Those are getting rare though. Are you on FX? If so pm me there I have the same user name here as there.

aw dont say that, xan! i just seriously injured my obi econo
    sound is like 1/4 volume that it used to be.

anyway, yeah thats a very cool looking stunt (staff?)
    and xanatos is right, an obi is pretty slim and should fit, if you wanted to upgrade to sound in the future. MHS sabers are like cars in that aspect. they are never truly "done".
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)