Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Obsidioro et Oxidium by LDM

thats is a great looking rebuild. seeing the original i didn't know how you could make it better but you did it!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks fellas. This saber was VERY popular when I first posted it, so I knew that the "redo" may raise a few eyebrows. I made many sabers in that color scheme during those early years. Unfortunately, the original build looked good in pictures, but as those of you who powdercoat know, trans colors can be tough to get right. This was my very first trans gold saber and the gold was just not good enough. If i did it now, it would be perfectly fine, but sadly that was just not to be. I am glad that she is going to a good home in Hawaii where i know she will be cherished.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

This is definitely one of my favorite builds that I've seen so far. Well done.

Awesomeness! Best yet. It wouldn't have bothered me to put the recharge port opposite the box.

Yeahhh, always like your weathered sabers. I don't how you did it but this goldish colour seems to have several layers of paintings. Another good example : The sabers have their own life and evolution...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Awesomeness! Best yet. It wouldn't have bothered me to put the recharge port opposite the box.
    I wouldn't have "minded" either, but then PC access is not possible. So PC access was the reason it is no longer there. Before i ship it out, I may swap the port out for a 1.3mm that is inside the speaker module (similar to Tenaglia)...if i have time, lol.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

stop building sabers that make me want to dump more money into your wallet!
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    stop building sabers that make me want to dump more money into your wallet!
    LOL, if you like this one (and I know that you do), just wait til you see the idea I had tonight That one will be forthcoming quickly...don't want the idea to pass, lol.

[QUOTE=sekrogue1985;210331]stop building sabers that make me want to dump more money into your wallet![/QUOT

... or that make me want to throw my own weathered sabers out off the window,

Council Member
    Sith Lord

[QUOTE=Vlad Doon;210362]
    Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    stop building sabers that make me want to dump more money into your wallet![/QUOT

... or that make me want to throw my own weathered sabers out off the window,
    LOL, in all seriousness...to me this is an Art form. It is very subjective. I truly NEVER compare, because I don't want to minimize anyone's effort. Thank you very kindly for the complement.