Thread: Ultra saber + constant current led driver question

Default Ultra saber + constant current led driver question

I just got my first ultra saber in the mail and I think it's great. I have a tinkerers heart so I am trying to finding out all of the specific components in how it was made because I want to try and use a Constant current LED ( http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Co...iver-P609.aspx )to try and get the blade shimmer. Is this feasible? sensible?
    Any input would be great.

I too started out with an US many eons ago... <but have never really gone back since discovering TCSS>

Feel free to take apart the saber, however know that they are not really "made" to be taken apart easily.
    Depending on the model and cost of the one you got, some of the parts may be of cheaper quality than those available in the TCSS store.
    Also, the internal diameter of the (cheaper) hilts tends to be on the small-ish side, so you would have to measure to see if the constant current driver would fit.
    LOCKHEED

This is the prophecy model so it has a goodly amount of space to shove things in. This is mostly my first and new learning saber so making mistakes here to try things new is ok. as far as diameters go, it *should* fit. But One never truly knows till it is time to cram. Since the obsidian usb xt is supposed to be a pass through, I should just be able to clip the wires and solder the wires from the latching switch right to the led driver board and solder the contacts from the led straight to the contact points on he led driver board, right?

This us has the clash feature so there seem to be two other wires there... that I think I am going to leave alone i haven't learned enough about wiring yet to tinker so i figure if it isn't broke don't fix it.