Thread: R.I.C.E help

Default R.I.C.E help

Hey all I have a question. I'm wiring up PC for a friend, and he wanted R.I.C.E so I wired it all up nothing for the rice side of things. Everything else is working fine. I asked him when he bought the PC he said it was new and his recipt said ver 1.6. I looked at the board and it was printed Ver 1.5. So was some of the 1.5 reflashed or did he get the wrong ones?
    Sith Happens

Mine was the same way, a 1.6 that said it was a 1.5. Getting R.I.C.E. to connect on mine was a bit tricky too. I had to set it to Port 4, tell it to connect, try Port 3 again, disconnect the cable, reconnect the cable, try rebooting first the saber then R.I.C.E., then rebooting R.I.C.E. THEN my saber, trying Port 4 again, trying port 4 and autoscanning, trying Port 4 while standing on one leg and waving a chicken over my head...AH, THERE IT GOES!

The last bit's an exaggeration of course, but everything else is spot on. I was ready to break mine apart to double check my wiring (no, that's a lie; I was ready to throw it up against a wall and give in to my hatred) before it finally connected the first time. And truth be told, I can't even tell you exactly what I did that got it to connect. The second time was easier, but still unexplainably stubborn. Since then, I've had two or three occasions where it has connected on the first try, no questions asked, and once or twice where it was first time difficult too. Only consistency I've noticed is that (on my computer, anyway), it needs to be set to Port 4. Boot order, autoscanning, battery levels, jiggling the cable, freshness of the chicken... all seem to have no effect on my saber's willingness to connect.

I'd recommend that you try them on yours, though, and see what happens. My guess is boot order/ cable connection order is somehow the culprit. Try hooking it up one way, sliding the volume switch to see what happens, and if you get nothing try something new. If you're 100% on your wiring and soldering, and your computer has the necessary driver (I had to download mine online, as XP is a bit old at this point), then it should connect eventually. And trust me, it's worth the effort; R.I.C.E. makes fine-tuning SOOOOO much easier!

Thanks TC I got it working the driver was not installed lol
    Sith Happens

Also to explain. There was never a 1.6 hardware. The 1.6 was a firmware upgrade only and it was applied to the 1.5 board.

2.0 is a totally different animal.
    MH on FX-Forums

so the RICE config is supposed to be Mac compatible.
    i DL-ed it the other day and it won't work for me.....am i doing something wrong?