Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Arryck Corso presents --- AETHON

Council Member
    Sith Lord

This is a great project. I love it and agree with Fender on the beaver chewed PVC thing,
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I FINALLY got my powdercoat back. They were a little behind schedule....or say they say. Anyways I know alot of you are anxious to see the finish saber and it is coming.....so in the meantime I thought I'd give everyone a little teaser of what's to come.

Don't wanna give away to much at this stage. But I'm very happy with the results so far.

I plan to get some of the preliminary wiring outta the way this weekend. My Petit Crouton is on its way and I should have that on Monday. The only other thing I really have to do is refit up all the parts to ensure that everything is going to line up like it did in during my mock up. I've all ready had a couple of minor issues with the blade holder not lining up that I've since resolved. But all in all everything is coming along smoothly.

Well, I'm not sure when I'll be back with the final post on this. I do plan to make a short video per the requests of a few of you. Things are really picking up at work right now so I'll have to find time when I can. But the end is in sight.

The final reveal is coming!!!!
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Anxiously awaiting the full reveal! The powder coating looks amazing!

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

VERY nice! The tail piece looks very old school Cylon Centurion.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

I really like this project... I'm currently on a hilt with similar shrouds and gold touch, and your "polish step" is amazing. I can't wait for the definitive photos

And finally here it is.....

AETHON

wow, your saber turned out really really great!
    may I ask what LED setup you've chosen? it looks like a combination of a white and blue diode.

Here are a few more pics! Tried to get a few "dynamic" shots of my saber.

Well thanks everyone for following along with me on my first custom saber build. Not to shabby if I say so myself. I want to thank everyone out there in saberland for all your help, ideas, encouragement and support.

I hope you have all enjoyed following this build as much as I have sharing with you. Oh and just in case anybody's wondering....I'm all ready in initial design phase of saber #2 (struggling with the color contrast....). So if you liked AETHON, you're not gonna wanna miss what I have planned next. MTFBWY!

Quote Originally Posted by Batosai View Post
    wow, your saber turned out really really great!
    may I ask what LED setup you've chosen? it looks like a combination of a white and blue diode.
    Thank you!

Actually I just used a Luxeon Rebel Star Blue from the store. I did go for the quad-wrap Corbin battle blade and I'm overdriving the Rebel at 1100mA.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Bravo! A saber to be proud of for sure man! Nice work indeed. Question: Are you still planning on having the rear chassis easily accessible? I ask, because I noticed you put an accent LED in the rear grip and that would mean that you'd have to take out the bezel and push in the LED everytime...

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS