Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Arryck Corso presents --- AETHON

Default Arryck Corso presents --- AETHON

Hey everyone.

Well it's been a long time coming but I'm excited and proud to share with you my first official MHS saber build log. Seeing as how this is my first build, I figured I wouldn't go with any thing overly extravagant. At least I don't think it is but I guess we'll see.

This saber was influenced by two sabers. First being the Mace Windu saber (which should be obvious). Second by Fenderbender's Invictus. Fenderbender's work is amazing and has been truly inspirational to me. It was his Algor Equitas saber that initially piqued my interest into the custom saber world. So when I came up with this idea, I wanted to pull in some of the aesthtic cues from the Mace saber as well as some of the different design elements I love about Fenderbender's work.

So without further ado I present to you....

AETHON

This is the design I came up with. It's gone through about 7 revisions and tweeks to get it just right. The latest little tweek was the small choke on the blade holder. Just came up with that idea about 3 days ago.

Here's the saber it all it's aluminum glory. The blade holder will eventually get machined to match my rendering. The rest of it as you can see is well on its way from turning my idea into a reality. It's so amazing seeing this in person and not just a 2-D render. And Tim did a great job making my custom coupler. More on that in a minute though

Here are the main parts I'll be using.

And here is the custom coupler I had Tim machine for me. I asked him to make look like Trim Ring 1 and I have to say he did a fantastic job on it. It matches up perfectly. Who knows, maybe Tim might consider a new line of male couplers to go with his trim rings??!!??

Here's another view of the custom coupler next to a standard trim ring. You can't even tell one from the other.

And here's a shot of the wicked cool Razor blade plug I picked up from ARKM. Thanks for this ARKM!!

Finally I thought I'd share with you guys the template I made up for making my shrouds. This is what I'm planning to begin with this weekend and hopefully have knocked out by Sunday....aside from the polishing....

Well I know its not much right now, but it's a start. Hope you guys have enjoyed and I'll be back with another update soon. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Arryck Corso; 03-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Dude, this is awesome. You should have waited to submit this to the contest. This blows me away. Can't wait to see it done.

Definitely contest worthy if this thread hadn't been posted, haha.

Really cool saber man. Looking forward to seeing it completed!

Nice design! - I see some definite Mace and VadersVault influences there
    LOCKHEED

Council Member
    Jedi Master

WOW! Not only am I flattered, but I'm anxious to see this design finished! Being a big Mace fan, the combination of design themes is very attractive to me. Nice design! Keep up the good work!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Just a thought... I really like the window right below your yellow accent blinky, but have you thought about extending it out and placing the blinky in the window like your brass switch? I think it would balance nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    WOW! Not only am I flattered, but I'm anxious to see this design finished! Being a big Mace fan, the combination of design themes is very attractive to me. Nice design! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Fenderbender I really appreciate that. It really means alot to me to know you like my design. I've been a huge fan of your work for awhile. Like I said you're stuff just blows me away. And to have someone who is so accomplished take notice of a first timer like me means a lot.

And thank you everyone else for the compliments. It's really motivated to make this the best saber I can.

To answer you're question Rafalema, Tim used the double ended male connector style 2 to make my coupler and he did an amazing job with it. I sent him as detailed a drawing as I could and what you see is the end result of that conversation. I hope Tim might consider a new line of double ended male couplers as standard parts.

And actually Ty_Bomber I had thought about machining that slot out so I could incorporate a crystal chamber there. But seeing as how I'm still a novice here I thought I might hold off on that until I can get a better handle on how to set up my electronics.

Again, thanks everyone for looking, and I'll keep you posted.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Nice design.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Banned

A handsome hilt indeed. Looking forward to seeing it completed