Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 TCSS Saberbuilding Contest

From the very first post:

"You have until June 1st to build a saber for the contest. Voting will be held shortly after."
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

What's that you say? We have till July 1st? No? <sigh>...

My entry was coming along so well, and now something's come up and I'm having to move in the middle of it. So just in case the sponsors of this year's contest were waffling back and forth on whether or not two months was enough time, hey... one vote right here for longer!
    Boring conversation anyway...

Sith happens cartman heheheh
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Getting Pumped up for this!!!!
    I just got my house back and have set up my work station again just in the nick of time to finish off a saber I started last year!
    You are all going to love it!
    cheers!
    Cant wait to see what turns up this year.

The custom switch box I was building for my entry suffered today from Sudden Explosive Deceleration Syndrome. I dropped it onto the concrete shop floor and the JB Welded aluminum plates that formed the box decided to no longer be bonded together or located within a yard of each other. Given the remaining time; and that I hadn't even begun fabrication on the crystal chamber; and my work schedule... I'm out. Dangit.Will post it when it's done.

Enh, I probably would have voted for someone else's entry anyway...

Im all good with my entry..done the final touches on the outer hilt now its just a matter of jamming in all the electrical ...anyone got a TARDIS i can borrow?

Just sent in pics of my saber.

shoot me a reply when you get em

well i sent in my pics, and info on the 20th? no reply home you got it
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Man, im bummed I really wanted to enter this but work has been so slow lately, just not enough cash flow to build what I would like to build, next year I guess.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

sounds great, but i don't think my electronics will be done in time, having isues with my mod.