Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 TCSS Saberbuilding Contest

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default The 2012 TCSS Saberbuilding Contest

Well folks, it's that time of the year again! We are having a saber building contest here on the forums. There are two categories: MHS and Custom

MHS Saber - This saber has to be MHS based. Shrouds and custom PC are allowed, but the basic hilt has to be made from MHS. No complete custom parts like Acerocket's Obi TPM pommels are allowed. Modifying store parts (or having them modded for you by Tim) is allowed though.

Custom Saber - Anything goes here. No MHS parts are necessary, but they do make life easier when making a saber.

No previously made sabers are allowed in the contest. You have to build it specifically for it. For example, I couldn't submit Spectra, as it has been done for a few years now.

Only ONE SABER per person is allowed! Build the best saber you can and submit it. All members are allowed to enter, including Council members and professional sabersmiths.

Your saber must be functioning for this contest. No renders are allowed, and no empty hilts that have no electronics are acceptable either.

When you have your saber done, send a maximum of FIVE 'finished' shots and a wiring shot or two (optional, but recommended) to ME. No videos for the contest, to keep members anonymous. My email is available in my profile.

Title your emails in this format:
    TCSS MHS/CUSTOM BUILD CONTEST - YOUR USERNAME

Example:
    Superawesomejedi built a saber for the MHS part of the contest. The email title would look like this: TCSS MHS BUILD CONTEST - SUPERAWESOMEJEDI

Inside the email, please put your username, real name, saber name, saber specs, and the pictures you want posted.

Example:
    Username: Superawesomejedi
    Saber name: Spectra
    Specs:
    CFV4.1
    LED Engin RGGB
    Premium speaker
    Momentary switch

<picture1>
    <picture2>
    <picture3>
    <picture4>
    <picture5>
    <Wiring picture1>
    <Wiring picture2 >

After I have received your submission I will PM you letting you know that it is good to go.

I will save and re-host all the pictures myself so that your name stays confidential. The polls will be anonymous, so that people don't vote for their favorite member. Please keep your sabers to yourselves as well, don't show them off until the contest is over. If you could submit your sabers sooner rather than later I'd appreciate it, cataloging 20 entries on the last night is a pain

You have until June 1st to build a saber for the contest. Voting will be held shortly after.

Prizes - To be determined.

That's about it. Have fun with the contest! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. And remember, send your saber pics to me, do not post them.

Feel free to PM me for specific questions about your entry. General questions about the contest can go in this thread so that I don't get dozens of the same question.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Awesome, I've been looking forward to this!!

Default Frabjoyous Day!

Yes!
    Yes!
    Yes!
    so happy!
    now I just hope the remodeling in my house finishes in time for me to set my Saber Lab back up and build.
    Thanks to LDM and Tim and everyone for this wonderful wonderful event.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Crud. I won't be able to wait on the saber I was planning for this, but good luck to everyone. I always enjoy seeing what you guys come up with.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Can't believe the time has gone by so fast! I might be able to enter again this year......we'll see.
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

When is the deadline, I've been thinking about entering this year but I need to know how much time I have to work with.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    <snip> You have until June 1st to build a saber for the contest. Voting will be held shortly after. <snip>
    (Walter Cronkite voice) And that's the way it is.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Ha, it was right there, I really gotta stop trying to use this website on my iPhone, way too small.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've got the design and the funds, now to just find the time....
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

So, I noticed that the Petit Crouton was taken down out of the inventory page, and there was a whole other thread speculating whether this meant the arrival of PC 2.0 or not. And I knooooow we're not supposed to be annoying pests, chirping on and on about "When is this getting back in stock? What is that going to be back in stock?" Buuuuuut...

In light of the relatively soon deadline for the contest, any idea when we might be seeing more Petit Croutons for sale?

(Rhetorical question, but one I would not turn down a real answer for either. Just needed to vent some worries about this, because if stocks aren't replenished soon, I may be submitting one awfully pretty stunt saber.)