Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 TCSS Saberbuilding Contest

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Sorry for the delay, I should have the polls up in under an hour
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Some VERY impressive work this year, even if there wasn't that many entries. Great job everyone!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Some amazing stuff, workmanship to be proud of. It would be interesting to see a category for first timers, because I look at some of this stuff and just think...'wow' . But this comp is a wonderful event regardless.Always look forward to it.

Excellent job to all those who participated this year!!!
    LOCKHEED

Very nice sabers in both categories. Congrats to all who entered.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

A lot of nice builds this year!

I like trying guess who did which one. A few are very obvious to me....but I could still be wrong. I know I've always tried to throw people off by doing something no one would expect from me. I'm curious to see who wins...but more anxious to see all the build threads/posts after.

The votes always confuse me. It's never predictable. Makes me wonder how closely people look at them or just make a quick decision.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 06-05-2012 at 06:20 AM.

It took me a few minutes to come to a decision on the MHS sabers. I found myself looking at all the little details and giving out points for the level of difficulty and creativity for each saber.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I spent about 20 min making my decision. Lots of variables to consider, and all very strong sabers. Well done to those who entered! Most impressive builds.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I usually look at them all real quick first, then go back and study the details before I vote.

I use a Hat trick (No I don't put a bunch of numbers in a hat and draw one).

I pick 3 sabers that fancy my eye right off the bat, then go over the minute details and pick the one I feel the strongest about. So the decision process took about 20-30 minutes for me.