Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My newest saber (weathered)

GREAT SABER!!!
    i've been working on one with a VERY similar feel to it for over a year now. (strugling with the same switch box using bubble card for buttons and graflex lever for recharge port)

weathering on your saber is fantastic. is that gold powdercoat on the neck? looks like real brass!
    incredible job. is that a cyan p4? matches the feel of the saber nicely. i cant decide on either cyan or amber for mine.

again, AWESOME saber!!!
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

Now that is one good lookin saber! Weathered just right. The should beenin one of the films! That looks just right to me.

Thanks for the feed back guys.
    The pommel I made with a quick release off of an outdoor security camera. The ID was just right to slide over pommel #1. A little JB weld and, bada bing, unique pommel. I always like to use some found parts on my sabers as an homage to the OT sabers.
    The shroud on the emitter is made from the MHS sleeve material.
    The brass on the choke (neck) is real brass. I used a thin strip (think paper thin, I could rip it with my hands), put some epoxy on the back and just wrapped it around. Because of how
    thin the brass is you could hardly see the seam, and after the weathering it all but disappeared.

Amazing! I love the crap out of this design. I may have to base a Sith saber off of this design... Great work!

Hey, thats a very cool looking saber!
    I'm not a big fan of weathered sabers but THAT lokks great!
    Good work
    Estine Shabone

Traxus V2 - The weapon of master Estine

I'm a little late to the party on this one...but that is one good looking saber annon. Nice weathering, seems like the "right" amount. Sometimes a person can go over the top on it.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    I'm a little late to the party on this one...but that is one good looking saber annon. Nice weathering, seems like the "right" amount. Sometimes a person can go over the top on it.
    Thanks. I was careful not to have the saber look older than I am. I've found that when I weather props it's useful to decide the general age before I start (used vs. ancient, etc.)

I like this one too. It has a nice mixture of OT and EU saber design. Never been a big fan of clamp style switch boxes, but I do think it fits the saber nicely.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Good saber, Annon. One of the hardest parts of realism is making greeblies & add-ons not look like greeblies & add-ons. You've done that.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by annon View Post
    ... when I weather props it's useful to decide the general age before I start (used vs. ancient, etc.)
    I couldn't agree more. This hilt is very well done
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!