Thread: Saber Concept Build

Default Saber Concept Build

I am starting to Design My saber and will be ordering next week for my birthday.

i have 2 concepts (pretty much exact)

This Top one is my favorite of the 2 but i am not sure if i can put a button anywhere. I would like to in the middle of the bottom extension.
    SaberBuilder_render.jpg

The Bottom one is The same except the Extension is plain unlike the top. And easier to have a box hole cut.
    SaberBuilder_render2.jpg

is it possible to have a boxhole cut on the top design?

I would email Tim and ask about it - I would think it would also involve removing some of one or two of the ribs depending on where you want the box (and which box).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyler View Post
    I am starting to Design My saber and will be ordering next week for my birthday.

i have 2 concepts (pretty much exact)

This Top one is my favorite of the 2 but i am not sure if i can put a button anywhere. I would like to in the middle of the bottom extension.
    SaberBuilder_render.jpg

The Bottom one is The same except the Extension is plain unlike the top. And easier to have a box hole cut.
    SaberBuilder_render2.jpg

is it possible to have a boxhole cut on the top design?
    If by button you mean switch it really depends on the switch you want to use, for me it's better figure what switch is best for the design, rather than what switch you like. For example a tactile switch could be good and could be located in the ribbed section, or if you're savy get the pommel v 3.1 because it's longer and mount the switch in it. There is lots you can do with a little planning.

What board are you using to run the led or will it be a direct set up?
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"