Thread: CF Accessory Switch

Default CF Accessory Switch

Strydur and others...
    Im working on my wiring diagram for my parts that are coming in.
    I want to do a switch to change from FoC™ to Full Powah™ .

I currently have activation box style 14 on order.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ac...e-14-P688.aspx

My original intent was to use the second AV switch as my accessory switch.
    While working on my diagram i realized that this second av switch would be awesome for my FoC / Full Powah switch since i need a DPDT.

But if i do this then I lose my ability to have the accessory switch in my activation box...
    Unless
    I can put it in the rice port location of the box.
    Which would be great because i even ordered the wrong rice port and the rice port isnt useful with a CF at this time as well.

Is it possible to use a momentary switch in the rice port? If so, which switch will fit?

Thanks a lot !!!
    j

you can "make" one of the small momentary switches switch20_t.jpg fit into the RICE port, but you'll have to glue it in place or find some other method of securing it, since the RICE hole is a M6 x 0.5 and the accessory switch is a M5 x 0.5. Other switches you might be able to mod to fit would be the long stem tactile image_product_align_centerheight_250vspace_5width_150modified_1207856708_MPB-218_t.jpg or perhaps the momentary with the metal ball top switch22a_t.jpg .

Your idea of switching from FoC to Full Powah sounds interesting, but I'm not entirely sure you can do that "on the fly" with the saber running - I'll let Erv' or one of the other smiths chime in here <shrugs>...

-C
    LOCKHEED

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond. I might JB Weld the small switch into the rice port to see how well that works out. I dont want the top to stick up too far so i may have to use one of the others.

Most importantly though, Lockheed is awesome. I've been meaning to send you a msg saying so since it keeps catching my eye throughout the forums. My daughter wants a purple saber, a bit similar to yours. I guess if i ever make one it would be named Envy lol.

In regards to the FoC / Powah switch, i'm not quite sure myself how well it will work. I hope i dont fry my soundboard or LED in the process. Below is a wiring diagram that i was working on, its not 100% complete but i doubt i will revise it. I still have a couple of questions that i have to get answered but i think i'll be able to get the answers with a multimeter and a couple of beers.
    (specifically, can i run 2 dice in series, 7.4v @ 2 amps, on 1 PEx )

Thanks!
    j