Thread: Old Republic inspired saber

Default Old Republic inspired saber

With my latest saber I took some inspiration from the sabers in TOR. A few of the sabers had a very long control box, So that is where my design started. The custom slide switch is what took the most time in the build and went though quite a few changes before I ended up at the current setup. Its running a MR Anakin board, TCSS premium speaker and a rebel amber. This was also my first attempt at weathering. I Kind of damaged the blade holder and 3 inch extension when I was working on my previous saber. Rather that get rid of the pieces, I decided to roll with the punches.
    IMAG0019_640x480.jpgIMAG0020_640x480.jpgIMAG0021_640x480.jpgIMAG0022_640x480.jpgIMAG0027_640x480.jpg
    Thanks for looking

Blog Entries

looks great
    "Do or do not....there is no try" - Yoda

Looks amazing. With the main body is that weathering? It looks nearly like wood.
    Great work

Thanks for the compliments. The main body is a 1-1/4" sink tube sanded down, and the weathering was done with black acrylic paint.

looks really good. That would be one I'd display with pride. I'd love to see a parts list on this
    Last edited by MedicineMan; 03-27-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

Excellent work, glad you got use outta the extra part.

I really dig it. What'd you use to make that spine/box?

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    looks really good. That would be one I'd display with pride. I'd love to see a parts list on this
    Thanks, the MHS parts are #8 blade holder, #5 pommel, 3" extension (Heavily modified), 2 MHS to 1.5" sink tube adapters, and a covertec wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    I really dig it. What'd you use to make that spine/box?
    The Box was cut from a square tube from onlimemetals, basically I turned it in to a C channel. for the switch part I mounted it so the slide switch was sticking through. For the switch bar, I took 2 pieces of aluminum from a file cabinet insert, and cut them down. the bottom piece screwed in to the box with slots cut out for the movement. Then a couple of set screws were used to attach to top piece.
    DSCN0630_640x480.jpgDSCN0631_640x480.jpg

Well then! Consider THAT particular idea stolen. That's precisely what I wanted. Good show!