Thread: Spalare, a Sith Empire Era Jedi Saber by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thumbs up Spalare, a Sith Empire Era Jedi Saber by LDM

Spalare

This is my latest Sith Empire Era ancient saber. I needed a "true" Jedi saber from this era since Tenaglia's "alignment" is somewhat ambiguous. It is mostly scratch machined, although I did use a modified MHS BH, pommel insert and box. The weathering is the same variety that I used with Bronzius, and is indeed true Bronzium weathering (a combination of gold and bronze). I chose to go with an understated shroud, but kept with my scalloped shroud/claw theme (all of my sabers from this era are similarly adorned ). Went ahead and used an RGB-Tri rebel with a reflector...yes, a reflector. The LED is driven at 1A and is perfectly bright and even. I may overdrive it a bit when I lock it up. I went with the Green die for the blade and the blue die for the FoC. The grip section has a leather inlay and the Aux switch is hidden below the leather. It is a round switch rather than a tactile and is held in recessed orientation Jay-Gon Style. I also machined a PVC speaker mount and Crystal Pommel support apparatus. I think that about covers it.

Particulars:
    Petit Crouton v1.6/PE
    Madcow's Shatterpoint
    RGB Tri-Rebel (G main blade and B FoC)
    7.4V TCSS pack w/recharge/kill in box
    2W Speaker
    True Bronzium Weathering
    Leather inlaid grip
    Crystal Pommel
    Green Ring AV
    Hidden Aux Switch

The BMT:

The Glams:

Build Album (P/W: spalare): http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...carlo/Spalare/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

The first time I tried to post a reply about how awesome and cool this saber was the server timed out on me. This time short and sweet: Bravo!

What's your technique for securing the leather, since it does not appear to be stitched? I don't think I have the skill to mind trick a cyborg into revealing a secret, but it's worth a shot...

I'm interested in the switch (the AV one). Whats the black marks on it?
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by amwolf View Post
    The first time I tried to post a reply about how awesome and cool this saber was the server timed out on me. This time short and sweet: Bravo!

What's your technique for securing the leather, since it does not appear to be stitched? I don't think I have the skill to mind trick a cyborg into revealing a secret, but it's worth a shot...
    I do stitch them sometimes. Other times (like this one) I carefully cut them to size and then use Gorilla Super glue in 1" sections...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    I'm interested in the switch (the AV one). Whats the black marks on it?
    Just a regular green ring AV from the store here.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!