Thread: Asking for help before purchasing....

Default Asking for help before purchasing....

I am looking to build a few sabers....but starting one at a time.... my parts list so far:

Hilt style 1 with a guarded style switch hole as main body
    Screw on LED blade holder style 8 "new style"
    spst momentary guarded switch with silver button
    pommel os from a different company but is mhs

here are my questions...

1) I want to get them to put in a blade retention screw (the hidden kind) in the blade holder. I looked in the screw section and there are a few that match what i thought i needed... what do i need to order to blend with the sabers silver finish and still hold the blade?

2) im confident i can wire the guts IF i knew what to actually get.... i dont have to have the best but would like the led to look good. I am looking for a purple led and the wiring materials needed (resisitor battery and so forth) I know theres a guide and i tried to use it.... just call me a noob.

3)i plan on wrapping the handle with thin leather... will gorilla glue be good enough to ensure non slippage?

I really appreciate as much detail as you can give me....

1. Is the metal-colored set screw not blending enough? Because if so, you might want to add a thumscrew to your design, they are easier to use and they look good too.

2. Sound or no sound? If sound, then go for the Petit Crouton and the 10W LEDengin. You will need a good soldering iron for that LED, and some fine-tuning to get a good purple.

3. Most probably.