Thread: Has anyone tried?

Default Has anyone tried?

Has anyone tried combineing El wire with LED technology? Like having the EL wire (white) in a foam core inside a blade thats lit by a ring of LEDs in the hilt? or somthing like that? Ive looked around but I havent found somthing like this..sorry if its previously been discussed..

Even the worst of the power LEDs we use will far outshine any EL system. Also, the wire in the blade would block the light from the LED in the hilt, so I'm not sure if the LED would help at all. They are also powered in vastly different fashions, so you would have to have two separate electronic systems in the hilt.
    The two systems really aren't compatible

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

that could explain why its never been done before...And i was talking about a ring of small LEDs around the bit where the wire goes in.I was hopeing to get the white core effect like in the movies..oh well, i'll have to keep looking i guess..Thanks for clearing it up ^^